Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety and feeling shut in  (Read 340 times)

Offline Maxie99

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety and feeling shut in
« on: December 14, 2013, 12:06:52 AM »
There are times that I feel so badly that I can't think about going out as I worry that I will feel awful or possibly have a dizzy spell while driving or in a store, then the more I think and dwell the worse I feel. Can any one else relate to this? I get distracted if people or family are over and actually tend to feel better...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety and feeling shut in
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 02:44:19 PM »
You answered your own question by saying you feel better if others are there. Why? Because your mind is not on yourself. You are distracted and thinking of other things. Thus you feel better. When alone it seems you focus inwardly. Think the worst if you want to try anything. Case of finding a distraction. Like I bring music out with me. Stops my mind from drifting off. Just find something that will work for you. Trial and error. I mean I stayed indoors for the best part of a decade. Trust me you don't want to even go there. Just had to find my feet again and take on my fears. Find ways to survive when outside the house. I love going out now. Just look for a distraction.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety and feeling shut in
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 04:28:49 PM »
Yes, I agree with the previous reply.  When I am surrounded by people, particularly my family, I am not as involved in my own suffering.  I had a bad moment this PM.  The news media are really playing up a snow storm/cold snap hitting the Northeast part of the country, and they're making it feel like Armeggedon.  Try to stay involved and stay in the moment.  Also saw an editor thisvAM from The Atlantic who just wrote a book called "My Age of Anxiety."  He has suffered his whole life.  Author is Scott Stossel.  Might be a good read for those of us in the brotherhood/sisterhood!  Best regards, and keep fighting the good fight.  Julie A. Cook
Bookmark and Share

Tags: