Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Ladies: Irregular Bleeding?!  (Read 282 times)

Offline believe27

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ladies: Irregular Bleeding?!
« on: December 13, 2013, 04:36:53 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if any ladies out there have any experiences with irregular bleeding. I have been spotting on and off for the past 2 months and also bleed a little after sex but there's no pain (sorry TMI!). My last pap was in October and it was normal.  I have been on the same pill for over 5 years and occasionally skip the placebos to have periods every 2 or 3 months. But as I said, the past 2 months or so I have been bleeding a few times a month, particularly after intercourse. I'm of course scared that the Pap missed something and that I actually have cervical cancer or something! About 2 years ago I had a pap come back with "mild dysplasia" but then a year later it had cleared as "normal" and my latest one was normal too but I'm still worried. Has anyone experienced this irregular bleeding and found out what caused it, and how to stop it? Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ivyt73

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ladies: Irregular Bleeding?!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »
Hi,
I am currently having break through bleeding after switching birth control pills so I know what you are going through. How old are you if I may ask?  I am forty and I used to have the same issue with spotting after intercourse, the doc at the time told me I had a sensitive cervix or something but I think it was a reaction to the condoms we were using at the time. After we stopped using condoms the bleeding stopped after intercourse.  I asked your age because it seems these things increase as I get older.  As for cancer, not likely if you had a normal pap in October.  Cervical cancer is super slow growing that is why they don't even worry very much about your first abnormal pap (I have had those) and usually just recheck in six months but you didn't even have that.  Probably nothing to worry about.
Ivy
Bookmark and Share

Offline believe27

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 12:48:08 PM »
Hi Ivy, thanks for your helpful response! And sorry you are dealing with the breakthrough bleeding too. I'm 29 and my boyfriend and I stopped using condoms early in the relationship so it's not that, but I'm glad to hear that cervical cancer is slow growing and unlikely if you had a normal pap recently. I will still make a future appointment with my OBGYN but won't stress about it in the meantime. I think it might have something to do with hormones- being under stress and/or being on the pill and will hopefully stop soon!
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 07:33:13 PM »
I had that happen to me back in the day when I was on the pill. My OB said that when you are on the pill for a while it thins the lining of your uterus (or was it cervix??) and you can easily bleed. She suggested it was time to change pills. You could also get an ultrasound just to check everything out in case it's a polyp or something (which are benign).
Bookmark and Share

Tags: