Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: MRI Results are back  (Read 261 times)

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
MRI Results are back
« on: December 13, 2013, 11:51:56 AM »
All -

You might have seen my struggles since the beginning of November with MS scare. It has been a long road, changed me as a person. I went from being very happy and active to a hermit with left leg tingling, weakness, jolts, facial tingling, eye twitching, social anxiety and vision issues like brain fog and dizziness/tunnel vision.

It shouldn't come as a surprise really. I manifested some pretty horrible physical sensation 2 years ago when I was convinced I had colon cancer. Being that was my really big first blow up HA scare once I had a colonoscopy and the issue went away I discounted that I had an issue. This time around, I forgot how HA felt so I fought it as well thinking no way could anxiety and stress do this to me.

Well, my Brain MRI came back all clean. My lumbar spine came back showing I had a pinched nerve on my right leg which actually never hurts, its my left leg. That is comical...my GP said thats not uncommon for an MRI to show an issue the patient doesn't know about.

So what now? I am going to try and relax. I am not going to question the fact that the MRI was without contrast or if I need a cervical MRI. My GP said that it would be so unlikely that I had MS after passing my neuro tests with flying colors, plus a visit to a Neuro doc, plus a good MRI even without contract.

I went to therapy last night for the first time. Th therapist explain how we all have two sides to our personality. The everyday side which takes in all the normal day to day items and is how you view the world on any given day. Then there is the subconscious side where we store the old memories and instructions on how to operate like walking.

After listing out my past childhood and life I realized how imperfect it really was. The theory is that there is something in my past that I have repressed and never dealt with properly. Normally, my everyday side can operate and handle the stress of daily life but the MS anxiety on top of it was too much and it was unable to keep the repressed stress stuffed down. So repressed feelings have come to the surface and overlayed on top of my everyday self. I have to figure out what the issues are that I need to accept so they will go away.

He says he sees it often so we shall see how this goes. I hope any of you struggling with an MS scare take some comfort in this. Your mind can cause all these symptoms. I don't know if this will lead to a curb in my anxiety or maybe even a perm fix to my anxiety but I know I am going to work on reducing stress in my life, getting closer to God.

Thanks for everyones help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: MRI Results are back
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 12:28:02 PM »
Great news Pingman and thanks for the psychological explanation as well as the physical.  It really helps to have different perspectives.

I've had MRI's etc.. and everything came back normal, but I still have neurological symptoms. It has been suggested that it could be psychological in nature...  Your explanation does give hope.

Hope you feel well soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline utahguy058

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 01:16:44 PM »
This is fantastic news! I think you have a great outlook. I am going through the struggles and have had a cervical MRI, brain MRI with contrast and passed neuro tests. Yet I can't get past the thought that I have MS or some neuro disease. I think you have a powerful lesson in what you wrote and am so glad you shared it with us. Wishing the best for you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 01:59:31 PM »
Utahguy -

I have read some of your posts and I think you are in the same boat. Today, even though I got the MRI news I am more anxious than I have ever been. The mind is going to fight back now and try and keep us in fear. We will have to fight back.

Here are 3 ways I am choosing to view this going forward....

1. Any pain or visual issues are not their 100% of the time and there is no medical explanantion
2. I wake up feeling nervous every morning, feel anxious during the day so I know I have anxiety from thsi scare
3. Knowing its only anxiety allows me to find the right cure for it. I ahve two months of anxiety built up now and like Marc said to me before, its not going to go away overnight.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: