Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New Here!  (Read 103 times)

Offline pburr35

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New Here!
« on: December 12, 2013, 11:21:32 PM »
Hello, my name is Pete. I'm 35 years old and a long term sufferer of anxiety and panic disorder. I joined here in hopes to find comfort from other suffers that go through the same as i do and maybe help each other out.

For me it started in my late teens. It was so bad in my 20's i couldnt leave home. After yeats of it i finally beat it. I spent my later 20's completely anxiety free. When i hit 31-32 it all came back and worse than ever.

Now today i am a mess all over again. I get pvc's and hate them. My chest is always so tight and my body always tense. The fear of death plagues me all day and night. I've had every test possible and all show I have a good healthy heart. How do I deal with this?? It really stinks and feel I've been robbed of life because of this. So much I wanted to do and accomplish but instead I'm frozen with fear....its my own prison.

How do you deal with it? Why do we suffer with this and what causes it? Why can't I be normal and just enjoy life? All these questions and never any answers. Well I hope I can find some relief here and hope I can provide some for some of you. Were in this and I think together we can het out. I look forward to being here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Here!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 10:31:17 AM »
Hi Pete,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Pete, believe it or not, your fear is probably the most common of all.  There are many, many people here who have heart fears and get PVCs.  I've been there myself.  Mine are much better now.  Once I found this site, and discovered how common they are, I began to fear them less, and they actually stopped happening as frequently.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline iluomoazzurro

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »
I'm new as well and have the same fears! The more you look through the posts here the less anxious I get, hope the same goes for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jmarie

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 01:24:54 PM »
Hi, my name is Jane, I am 28 yrs old and have been suffering from GAD and Panic Disorder since my early teens. I came across this site by accident but am really glad I decided to join. I figured if anyone could help it would be people just like me going though similar things. I don't think most people understand how terrible anxiety disorders are until they go though it themselves. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 01:43:56 PM »
Welcome to both of you too, ilumoazzurro and Jmarie!  :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been