Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Gum/Leukemia Anxiety  (Read 152 times)

Offline rabbitheart

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Gum/Leukemia Anxiety
« on: December 12, 2013, 10:42:21 PM »
I'm new here, hey!

For the past month or so, I've been experiencing an awful taste in my mouth comparable to iron. I thought it was not blood, but I'm starting to think it is: I took my retainer out of my mouth and I saw some specks of blood in it. I'm not really sure what's been really causing this because when I brush my teeth and they bleed, I don't get this taste(possibly because of the toothpaste), but I'm really worried about Leukemia! I've been bruising and my gums have been bleeding(though they've bled off and on since I was little because I brush hard). Still, this is concerning me recently because (a) I've never had this taste and (b) they never bled when I wasn't brushing. Could popcorn be the culprit? Can not flossing cause bleeding gums? I need answers; this is absolutely killing me. Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gum/Leukemia Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 10:15:46 AM »
Hi rabbitheart,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Rabbitheart, I'm sure you'll find people here who have had similar issues.  And lots of folks to share stories with and get help and support.

Good luck to you and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline aardvark

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gum/Leukemia Anxiety
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 10:54:06 AM »
Bleeding and/or receding gums can be caused by a number of things, with leukaemia being an extremely unlikely cause. Nonetheless, something is clearly causing this, so you should consult your doctor or dentist for a professional opinion.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: leukemia