Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Relationship and General Worrying Post Panic Attack  (Read 129 times)

Offline canadiangirl0000

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Relationship and General Worrying Post Panic Attack
« on: December 12, 2013, 02:20:17 PM »
Hi there,

I'm new to this site and thought I'd give this a shot just to get other people's perspectives on my situation.
I am a 23 y/o female who has always been somewhat of a worry-er. I've usually always had a nervous stomach, but not to the point where it was ever a problem.

Short backstory: I just recently began my first ever relationship with this guy who is so amazing, treats me wonderfully and is everything I've ever wanted in someone. We met 3 years ago, and we liked eachother then, but it never amounted to much, and now he is back in the picture which I couldn't be happier about. We started dating the beginning of November, and were seeing each other/got back into contact at the end of September. During us meeting again, and even us beginning to date, never once did I feel anxiety. I was nervous sometimes to see him, but these were happy nerves, nothing alarming.

On November 20th, 3 weeks after we officially started dating, I went to my local walk in clinic and was prescribed Biaxin XL because of phlegm in my chest & I suppose the doctor thought it was a chest infection. 4 days after the medicine kicked in, I had my first full blown panic attack. I got very hot, nauseous, and felt an intense amount of fear.  I do not know why for the life of me, but I attached this fear to my ever so loving boyfriend, and ever since then it has created anxiety in my relationship with him. I keep doubting my feelings for him, even though when I am with him, I am affectionate towards him. I remember right before the attack I asked myself: "Do I even like him?" "What if I don't?" Keep in mind I was with him 12 hours prior, and I remember getting home texting him telling him I already missed him before the morning of this disaster happened. This worry lasted for 2 weeks, until one day I was sitting down, looked up the adverse side effects of Biaxin XL, and found out it causes anxiety.

Ever since this event, when I am with my boyfriend, even though I want to be with him, and we're affectionate and everything looks fine, something does not feel right in my body. I look at him and can't help but to feel anxious because I do not know what to feel with him anymore and it's driving me crazy. I want to feel how I did with him before this all happened. He has never done anything wrong to me, never said anything out of the ordinary in order for me to wake up 12 hours later and question our relationship. He is the best man, and even though this is my first relationship, I know I picked him for a hell of a good reason. I can't bare to let him go, and I keep thinking what if I have to break up with him? Which makes me more anxious because I do not at all want that, but I can't help but to think that because when I am with him I do not feel secure/sure about myself as I was before this anxiety happened.  He's incredibly supportive, but I want to go back to normal where I was enjoying myself with him.  Any thoughts would be soooo greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Relationship and General Worrying Post Panic Attack
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 06:04:40 PM »
Hello canadiangirl0000

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Canadiangirl0000, you aren't alone.  I've actually heard similar stories several times here at anxiety zone, with people questioning  a relationship they have previously been happy with.  I'm sure you will find help and support here.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Tags: anxiety