Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: health anxiety ruling my life!  (Read 145 times)

Offline rlbcjb

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
health anxiety ruling my life!
« on: December 12, 2013, 01:37:59 PM »
Hi all,

I was hoping someone here had some words of advice, encouragement. ..anything!
For the past 2 months HA has ruled my life. All day everyday. Thusfar ive believed myself to have blot clots, aneurism, various cancers and heart problems. I am currently being treated for a possible ulcer by my dr. All of my annual bloodwork came back normal,  but I really jist feel like something is wrong. I have so many various pains day to day, and my latest issue, heart palpitations. Constantly "skipping beats" never fast, never too slow. Heart rate is always at a nice 75ish. Can anxiety cause palpitations and keep them arouns for 3 weeks? Ive never had them before, and now I cant go an hour without feeling them.
Also, im not sure how to bring up to my doctor that I have this anxiety, let alone that it rules my life constantly. Its such an akward conversation and its a little embarrassing.
This all began shortly after losing my job. Ive always been a hypo...always...but never has it been this terrble. I feel like its eatong me alive and stripping normality from me. Im only 2 months in and id give ANYTHING to feel even just ok for one day.  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline utahguy058

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: health anxiety ruling my life!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »
It sure sounds like you have health anxiety. We are here to support one another through some very tough times. I wonder what others on here feel. I have what I assume is severe health anxiety over neurological issues, and you sound like you are worried about different things, but it seems to me that it must feel similar. I honestly feel like I can't do anything that I used to do. I feel so lethargic and just that sick pit in my stomach all the time, and I am always thinking about my health and every little ache and pain in my body. I find myself stuck in bed all the time. I have no energy it seems. Do you feel this way at all? I often feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest, I try relaxation breathing and instead of focusing on my breath I focus on my racing heartbeat. Is it normal to feel anxious all day long? Do you feel anxiety all day long?

Just know that there is a huge community here that is here for you and trust that you will get through this rough patch. I would say most likely your palpitations are anxiety related. It is very common symptom, and feel that the heart does all kinds of things when it is fight or flight mode and is preparing for something dangerous, but nothing actually dangerous is happening. Hope this helps, but I really think that you are in the loop of HA, it is very difficult to get out of, but together I know times will get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 05:14:21 PM »
Rlb, you've come to the right place for moral support.  Health anxiety can be very demoralizing.  Read some of the posts that pertain to you and you will find that you aren't alone.

Utahguy, you took the words right out of my mouth.  I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach almost all of the time and it is about neurological symptoms.  What a terrible way to live.  I have tried so many doctors etc.. that tomorrow I am going to see a naturopath.  I don't know if she will be any better, but I have to try. 

While seeking the cause I am trying to work on my anxiety, as difficult as that is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rlbcjb

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »
Thanks so much guys! Utah guy...I feel anxious almost every hour of the day. There isnt a moment that goes by that im not anxious..or worried if im anxious or if im going to be anxious lol. Its a cycle. I have some brief moments that I have reprieve but they are so few and far between. I completely get the focusing on heartbeat thing.  :dazed:I am a nursing student so I have a stethoscope handy which has been awful for me! Mine double beats...then pauses...then beats again. Its awful. It feels like my heart stops...then slams in my chest about 3 or 4 times a minute when im freaking out. Id love to have meds on hand for these moments but im afraid to become dependant on them. At this point I actually dont care.
I have so many different symptoms each day its insane. I don't see how nothing can be wrong, yeh know? Especially feeling every little twinge of pain that I feel. Looks like were rowing the same boat...or at least going sown the same creek!
Bookmark and Share