Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Appendicitis?  (Read 214 times)

Offline snew13

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Appendicitis?
« on: December 12, 2013, 10:20:11 AM »
Hello, I JUST got over my worries about my heart (got a bunch of tests and they're all normal). Now I am getting a tingling sensation on the right side of my stomach and that can be defined as appendicitis and now I'm obsessed/worried about that. Not sure what to do. The tingling comes and goes and is NOT accompanied by pain. I'm in the 2 most stressful weeks of the year (probably), it being the holiday season and I'm a high school choir director (lots of performances). I'm hoping this is anxiety but I've read that rarely does numbness happen in the stomach area (although it is a tingling sensation, not so much numbness). I'm wondering if anyone else gets this or can give me any assurances? I'm a 23 year old male, 150 lbs, 5'9" and eat a VERY healthy mostly Paleo diet. I'm worried about this because appendicitis happens more often in my age group and gender and can be fatal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Appendicitis?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 01:23:13 PM »
If you had true appendicitis than the pain would be excruciating and you would be in the hospital with a fever,
feeling ill, etc.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline DahliaDollface

• Paranoid Parrot in female form.
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 01:34:13 PM »
I've never heard of appendicitis presenting as a tingling sensation in the lower right quadrant. It's always accompanied by pain, fever, nausea and vomiting and sometimes diarrhea. You'd know if you had it because you'd be unable to move or get out of bed.

I know for me (and a lot of other anxiety sufferers as well) that once I get over a certain fear, that a new one and a new sensation take it's place. I'd put money on the fact that this is what's happening to you. 
Bookmark and Share
"Now head towards the light, the dark has no place here."

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 02:36:19 PM »
Appendicitis is excruciatingly painful in its advanced form.  My mother and several of my friends and clients have had it and there was no tingling involved, just stabbing pain.  Also your appendix is on the right side of your body and significantly lower than your stomach (closer to your hip actually) which is higher up and tilted toward the left side.  Sounds like you might be having a muscle spasm or twitch (both can result from stress) or possibly acid reflux, also a common stress related issue.  Try to relax, you are fine...just stressed.  Try some meditating or a hot bath - not very
"manly", I know but hey, whatever works - and hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline snew13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »
Thanks guys. I do yoga and I don't think it's not "manly", haha. Today was much better, I only had the tingling sensation a few times this morning only. I was just worried that it may not be full-blown appendicitis but maybe a precursor to it and that was worrying me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: