Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Worth a try  (Read 118 times)

Offline Mel684

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worth a try
« on: December 11, 2013, 08:02:01 PM »
Okay. Soo my story in short Ive been dealing with anxiety/depression from as far back as I can recollect and there are times when I analyze my life and realize my issues have contributed to alot of things in my past as well as present. Im having trouble sleeping again, up all night thinking crazy things and feeding into my anxiety and I decided a few moments ago to type anxiety forums into google and see what I could come up with. Sometimes when your short on ideas and your feeling lost and alone you re willing to try new things. Im reaching out to vent and learn from others that also suffer. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mel684

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worth a try
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 08:04:54 PM »
And i d love to help others and meet new friends :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 02:56:49 AM »
Hi Mel,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

I am glad you found the forum.  I have found it to be a great place to get support and ideas for ways to deal with anxiety and panic.  I also have trouble sleeping due to the fact that I have a hard time shutting my brain off so to speak.  I go to CBT therapy as a way to cope with my anxiety issues.  The technique that has had the most success for me is acceptance.  Accepting my thoughts as only that and also the anxiety as nothing more than that and knowing that it can't really harm me.  It is a difficult technique, but really works.  Hope you are able to find the support and information you are looking for here.

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline GenSec

• Rec's: 52
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 11:30:04 AM »
Hi Mel :action-smiley-065:

Wishing you well here. :winking0008: This can be a very helpful and supportive place, and i'm sure you'll fit right in. :sign0169:

I can sympathise with the anxiety-related sleeping issues you're having... anxiety and depression have afflicted me since i was very young, and i've been to therapy to help me among other things to deal with the chronic sleeping problems which follow on as a result of all that, with not much success. My anxiety is always at its worst during the night so if i allow myself to focus on it too much i can suffer panic attacks. I've found the best way for me is just to go with the flow... if i can't sleep after a few hours of trying, i don't force myself: i'll get up, or read a book or listen to music (or both simultaneously) which sometimes succeeds in calming me down enough to drop off without even trying. Rather than getting no sleep at all on those nights i can sometimes manage 2, 3 or 4 hours; which is better than an anxiety riddled night of trying to have myself sleep and getting none at all!

Best wishes.
Gen.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: