Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Blood in urine...  (Read 204 times)

Offline wurriedsick

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Blood in urine...
« on: December 11, 2013, 12:28:23 PM »
So the last 3 times I have been to the doctor upon dipping my urine or putting it in that little computer they use they tell me that there are traces of blood in my urine, Well, needless to say this has thrown my HA out of control. So last Friday I had a physical and they did another urine test and sure enough it said the same thing, traces of blood in the urine so they sent my urine out to a lab to have it examined. I have convinced myself that I am dying from some sort of cancer. So yesterday I get the results in the mail from my physical from the lab and it says there isn't any blood in the urine and everything else in the urine and my blood came back normal. Would you trust the lab? My mind keeps telling me that if it has happened so many times there must be blood and something wrong but they sent the same sample they tested to the lab and it showed clear. I'm trying to beat this feeling and not go back to the doctor. Anyone know what would cause that machine to show blood and then the lab to not find anything? Looking for some help here fellow sufferers.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood in urine...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 01:04:03 PM »
Because it can change. Even the smallest blather infection can leave traces of blood in your urine. The blather can heal itself very fast. What does the doctor say about it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ans1723

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »
I have been in the exact same boat as you...many, many times. I have had an ultrasound done on my kidneys and they were just fine. I think this is just something that happens sometimes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline wurriedsick

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »
What doesn't make sense to me is that the machine in the office says there are traces of blood and they send the exact same sample to the lab and it says negative. All the doc wants is more tests like a ct. Everyone in my family says believe the lab results and call it a day...its just real hard with anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 03:44:32 PM »
I went through this too with my alarmist of a doctor. I had "trace" amounts in my urine multiple times over a month long period and multiple urine samples. My doctor sent me to have an abdominal ultrasound which I did after freaking out - it came out fine. The next step was to have a scope of my bladder with a urologist. I completely balked at that. I talked to my gynecologist who told me that trace amounts were very common and he's never seen this attributable to anything major. It ended up being caused by urethral issues associated with perimenopause. After I figured this out I just stopped the testing. After a couple months I had another urinalysis and it came back fine. But at my last gynecologist appointment they detected "trace" amounts again. No one even mentioned pursuing the cause. I think it's a very common issue.
Bookmark and Share

Offline wurriedsick

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 09:25:59 PM »
So would you just just disregard that dipstick tests in the office and trust the lab is accurate saying there wasn't any blood present? I am just over the top scared with this
Bookmark and Share

Tags: