Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Moms with OCD?  (Read 331 times)

Offline AMRELP2712

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Moms with OCD?
« on: December 11, 2013, 12:26:39 PM »
I didn't get OCD until I became a mother, along with my PPA, (post partum anxiety)

I was free from it for about six months.. I have a sixteen month old. And I was very happy.
Now that I've gotten pregnant again, I have lost it again :/ I am on prozac and choose to give up my low dose of kolonopin for my sons health. I notice my intrusive thoughts and obsessions are always over things I care about the most. BEING A GOOD MOTHER. So my head fills with worst case scenarios. it's awful. Anyone have any advice? Success stories? Positive anything? Would love to hear it..

I was trying to find somewhere to get CBT.. but no luck. and I feel almost numb to my loved ones because of this anxiety and OCD. horrible... :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline eduk8or

• Rec's: 11
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
Re: Moms with OCD?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 04:26:50 PM »
I know how you feel!  There are some good books out there to do CBT on your own if you can't find anyone in your area who can do it.  Try checking out titles on amazon.com  You can read other people's reviews and decide if you want to get the book or maybe take the title and get it at the public library.  One book that helped me a lot was "The OCD Workbook".  It helped me work through a lot of the things I was dealing with.  Good luck and keep us posted!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Evangeline

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Moms with OCD?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 09:36:02 PM »
I know your pain. I had had Anxiety since i was a child but once I had children it got WAY worse. I would have obtrusive thoughts of accidentally hurting my children to the point where I'd lay awake staring at my ceiling. I was also terrfied of SIDs.. I was the mom who would get up every hour and put my finger in front of my child nose or poke them to make sure they were still breathing.  Medication helps but being pregnant obviously limits your choices. There are ALOT of great online resources for CBT and self talk. Google is your best friend (as long as you aren't googling your own symptoms!) so I would start there. Most public libraries also have sections on mental illness/Anxiety that have wonderful resources that don't require Meds  :winking0008:

Best wishes to you!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: