Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Worried I have a brain tumour  (Read 309 times)

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Worried I have a brain tumour
« on: December 11, 2013, 11:35:05 AM »
So I've convinced myself I have a brain tumour and it's exhausting me. I have had a headache for over a week now that's not responding to paracetamol or Brufen. It moves the back of my head to the top of my head and feels like pressure. It's not really painful just always there. I'm very anxious and have been told by the gp it have high bp probably because I'm anxious! Also my right arm and half my face gets pins and needles. Not always with the headache but other times. Gp and ER dpt also said because of anxiety. I can't function properly even though I've been reassured by my GP, A&E and also the optician who looked behind my eyes. I am still thinking about this 24/7 and it's exhausting me and my family! My gp has referred for CT but won't be for a few weeks. I feel spaced out like I'm not here and I've lost a few lbs as I'm struggling to eat.

Please can someone tell me they've felt the same?
Bookmark and Share

Offline cautiouskat

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried I have a brain tumour
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 03:55:39 PM »
I do transcription for neurosurgeons, and I know there is a lot more to a brain tumor than just headaches.  Usually there is double vision, balance problems, speech problems, etc.  It sounds like you probably have migraine type headaches.  I know anxiety CAN cause headaches and also the pins and needles feelings in the face.  Of course I'm not trying to diagnose you, but I just thought I would try to reassure you since your symptoms don't sound anything like the dictations I hear from my neurosurgeons.  Take care!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have had a bad day today feeling spaced put and a pressure on top of my head. Just want this all to end. Also now have an upset tummy :-( Anxiety is so hard.
Bookmark and Share

Online Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »
I usually get headaches that last for a week at a time as well. The pins and needles is a big indicator that it is more likely anxiety. But like the previous person said, none of us can properly diagnose you. But since you have been to a GP, and you have been told that it is anxiety, I would accept it. Also, when I take medication for my headaches, and when the medication doesn't work, I usually use that as the indicator that it is anxiety - because my headaches that are caused by anxiety don't usually respond to medication.

Also, like what has already been mentioned, a brain tumour very often doesn't present itself with just the headache - a headache is usually a more advanced symptom (don't let this scare you). A lot of people who have brain tumours often don't ever experience a headache. The other most common symptom is seizers. If you had headaches accompanied by seizures, then that would be the time to start to worry - but your GP would of jumped to action if you was exhibiting such symptoms.

And other than these two symptoms, the other ones are usually related to the position where the brain tumour is at in your brain. So vision may be affected, hearing may be affected, movement, speech, memory, etc. basically all things related to brain functions would be affected.

If you have just an headache, and your GP has told you it is anxiety, then I wouldn't worry. The sooner you stop worrying, the headache will more likely go. But remember anxiety works on a sub-conscious level. So even if you don't feel anxious, this does not mean you are fine - and therefore won't experience anxiety symptoms - you may still experience anxiety symptoms without feeling anxious. I do all the time. We all do.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kayleigh

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 03:56:19 PM »
Hi nat,
Have you had your CT scan yet! I have similar symptoms to you for over a year. I have a constant headache on the right side of my head and my left foot tingles constantly, along with some dizziness and nausea. I had a CT scan in 2011 which came back clear
X x x
Bookmark and Share

Tags: