Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: cymbalta  (Read 159 times)

Offline melzmoda

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
cymbalta
« on: December 11, 2013, 12:33:50 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has tried taking Cymbalta for their GAD.  If so did it help? Did you take it alone or with other medications and did you have any side effects? Any help with this would be great I have run out of options on doing this without medications and I heard this might be something to try.
Bookmark and Share

Offline laineymom

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: cymbalta
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:14:22 AM »
Hi. I'm currently on 30mg of Cymbalta for GAD & panic attacks. I've only been on for less than 5 weeks but this is the second time I've taken it for the same thing. It has helped me a lot and this time around my anxiety was through the roof. There were side effects at first- dry mouth, no appetite, dizziness, headaches, trouble sleeping. But most of that has gone and in my experience will all be gone eventually. The only lingering side effect I've found is weird dreams sometimes, but that's not a big deal. My only caution would be if you ever want to go off, taper, taper. You'll read it's withdrawal is hard with this drug, but if you taper, it's not too bad. I have resigned myself that I probably need this stuff long term, so I'm ok with that. I'm not on anything other meds but I was taking Xanax when anxiety got bad when I was waiting for the Cymbalta to kick in. I also used Xanax for sleep but am finally off of that too as of today. Hope this helped.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: