Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Lymphoma  (Read 144 times)

Offline sohysterical

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lymphoma
« on: December 10, 2013, 11:14:57 PM »
Hi guys! New here. Anyway getting right to it, I'm 24 F and about 6 weeks ago I found a swollen lymph gland in my groin. I have had that happen before, but always in response to something easily identifiable (ingrown toenail, etc). This time there was absolutely nothing anywhere on my body and certainly not anywhere that would be likely to cause that. Also scary because it was only on one side! No other symptoms.

I recently moved and my family dr is in my old town, so I haven't been to the doc about this but I was at a walk in clinic around the time this started (just getting an rx refilled) and mentioned it, and he said that even up to a few months it can be normal.

So anyway, it's smooth, movable, about 2cm, not really painful although I seem to remember around the time it started it was maybe a little tender. Then I messed with it a bunch (naturally!) and it was no longer painful. I haven't left it alone for more than a day or two at any point so the size is unchanged and while I imagine if I were to leave it alone it would go down, the 'what if it wouldn't?' fear leaves me checking it obsessively.

I'm just kind of freaking out. I've been spending way too much time on Google and it is NOT HELPING haha. I'm going home for Christmas so I'll be seeing my doc then but that's soo far awayyyy. I don't want to go to a walk-in because while they certainly serve a purpose, I don't feel like the level of care is quite the same as when you see your own doctor and I don't want to worry about something potentially being missed or not taken seriously. So that leave me two weeks to drive myself crazy! Help?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymphoma
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 08:15:31 AM »
I've also been worried about lymph nodes in my groin. I've been feeling a long, movable lump there but I'm not sure if it's a lymph node or not because it is long and not round...I've been rubbing my whole groin area so much on both sides that now I think I have irritated the whole area and I can feel a bunch more nodes now. It's only freaking me out worse!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: