Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: worst anxiety attack ever !  (Read 192 times)

Offline sadg1984

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
worst anxiety attack ever !
« on: December 10, 2013, 10:30:33 PM »
I have suffered with anxiety for 10 years i have had mamy panic attacks i have had my body feel and do the stragest things .. numbness ..chest pains ... complete freak outs you name it .... well this past weekend i had one so bad i really did not think i was going to live thru ! Luckily my mom was with me but its started like most of mine do i felt a little strange then my heart was beating out of my chest ... then went into complete freak out mode starting take deep breaths to help .. wash rag on the head to a zanax ... nothing was helping then my tongue .,face and chest went numb i could not move and could barely talk ..felt like i couldn't breath ..the weird part was my hands cramped up and i could not move them i laid on the floor begging my mom to call ambulance she didnt she knew it was anxiety attack this hell lasted a good 45 mins ., ive had bad ones before even went to er before cause i was so scared. But this one topped them all know im so afraid i will have one like that again :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: worst anxiety attack ever !
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 12:51:41 AM »
Hi sadg,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

The fear of panic attacks themselves are normal to anxiety and panic.  We fear the next big one so much that we are afraid to live our lives.  However as bad as a panic attack may get, it won't actually harm you.  Panic is scary and terrifying at times but my therapist says that we are in more control during a panic attack than we actually think.  If you start to work on accepting the panic for what it is and that it can not harm you then you may find some relief.  I am glad you found the forum and I hope you can find information and support here.

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline patagonia816

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 01:28:24 AM »
My hands cramp up, too, and I lose my voice. I am sorry this happened to you. The damn mind is a powerful thing. How do you normally manage, or try to manage, your symptoms? I'm always looking for natural remedies. Though I would imagine when you have an attack of that caliber it is hard to talk yourself out of it or distract yourself with music or a change in atmosphere. I hope you are feeling better though! Just remember...you aren't alone.
Bookmark and Share
We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Offline sadg1984

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 11:25:31 AM »
Thank you yes it is good to know im not the only one ...the only thing i could do during that one was deep breathing and at the time i could barely feel myself doing that ! Scary ! Mind is so powerful and effects the body like crazy ! I always try to detract myself when i feel one coming ..music ...fresh air.. talk to someone and messages always help if you have someone to do that for you ... i take fish oil ive heard it can help some as for any other natural remedies im not sure i think b-12 is good ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline patagonia816

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 05:14:46 PM »
Sometimes distractions make things worse for me....like music and tv. I just try to breathe...and then I walk a little then sit. Then I crouch or sit and lean forward. I also try to think of things that make me really, really happy and/or relaxed.
Bookmark and Share
We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Offline Jennyww24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 05:51:06 PM »
Hi Sadg,
                   I've had panic attacks like that as well, the numbness is the scariest part I always think i'm having stroke. I had my first panic attack my Junior year of college and i went to the hospital because i thought i was dying. I have zanax to take as needed but i try not to because i hate depending on medications especially when it's just my mind freaking me out. I'm glad i stumbled uon this site though at least it's a place where people know how i'm feeling. Hope things get better for ya.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: