Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Tremors, and Shaking, and Buzzing oh my  (Read 312 times)

Offline utahguy058

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tremors, and Shaking, and Buzzing oh my
« on: December 10, 2013, 08:31:36 PM »
I think that I have hit my wits end with this symptom. I have lovely body twitching around my body. My calves and arches of my feet have been going for a good 7 weeks now, and then random twitches here and there. Just in the past couple of weeks I have added internal tremors. It feels like there is a small earthquake happening in my body. This is most pronounced as I am laying down to go to bed, while I am sleeping and waking up. I can even feel my legs tremoring some. I noticed today that my hands were starting to shake some, and have some buzzing feelings in my fingers. the past 3 and a half months I have been anxious. Not always complete panic anxious, but worrying, and sometimes it becomes where I am crying thinking I can't handle it anxious. I don't know why this tremoring and shaking and buzzing is happening. It's so scary. I am starting to worry that it has to be Parkinson's or MS or even ALS. I also have muscle pains. Has anyone every experienced this. Internally and some outward tremor and shakes? Please offer me some words of advice or that this could be anxiety happening day after day. I even get it when I am sitting at work. Thanks, you guys are lifesavers.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tremors, and Shaking, and Buzzing oh my
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:35:29 PM »
Hello,
I've been going through a lot of what you are going through. It started with my thumb twitching everyday for a week, I googled twitching thumb and ALS, and MS came up, this freaked me out even more! So I became very anxious, drove my friends and family up the wall. Then soon after I had some random instances of fatigue, my right calf started getting numb, and my hand and face were numb every time I woke up. I completely freaked out, went to go see my doctor, he said it was probably fatigue from exercising so much with the thumb, and possibly some sort of Anemia for everything else, but he also thought it was anxiety. He checked my nerves with the hammer and other stuff like that and said neurologically I was fine. He sent me for a blood test that covered B12, and Iron anemia, and also a CBC, WBC. All that came back normal. He said the thumb was from working out to much, and the rest of my symptoms were brought on by anxiety.
I hope this helps you a bit, My advice is see you Doctor, he will be able to pinpoint whats going on an if he can't he can refer you to someone who can. Best of luck (Also ALS although can happen in young people only tends to happen in much older people).
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 10:38:50 PM »
Forgot to mention about 4 times in the past week I woke up with body tremors and my whole body twitching through out the day, I relaxed and they seem to have all gone away. I've moved on to fearing another illness at the moment haha
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline utahguy058

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 11:39:16 PM »
I have been to doctors many times for lots of neuro type issues, and the buzzing and tremors are new. I just can't believe that anxiety could really do that. I just don't get all of it. I am just so scared. I appreciate your response so much. I hope that it goes away. It's when I lay down to sleep that it gets bad. I am at my most relaxed at this point, it doesn't make sense that is when things will really start up. Once I get past this neuro stage I am never going to google symptoms again! I don't want to start down another road! Hoping and praying that this isn't MS, ALS, Parkinson's or something else that would be very scary to deal with.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dmcrae22

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 01:16:07 AM »
Everything you are describing almost word for word was what I experienced earlier this year back in April. It started with some twitching in my hand after an incredibly stressful March. After a google search turned up ALS everything went downhill fast. Body twitching all over. My hands would shake with tremors when I was doing things like typing at work or turning a key in a lock. I'd wake up every morning with my back muscles vibrating which was usually after a sleepless night. I just couldn't believe it was anxiety and was scared to death. Even after my doctor told me I was physically fine after a thorough physical and blood work, I was comforted for all of about 48 hours and then the "what ifs" came back. It's rough and I know I was in a really scary place for about 4 -5 weeks.

My doctor explained it to me in that when we have a quick, stressful event that is quickly resolved, our body's chemistry can return to normal within hours. But he said when you stay anxious and fearful for a period of days or weeks, your body gets stuck in this cycle of releasing adrenaline and stress hormones and it really just takes time to get balanced out again. Those stress hormones build up in your muscles and cause twitching, vibrating, tingling and numbness. It all really does wreck your nervous system and that too takes time to heal.

I expressed my concerns about ALS to my doctor and he reassured me that ALS, MS and PD don't present in a mild manor and all are progressive. None of the symptoms come and go and based on how those diseases function, never begin with body wide symptoms. But if you're anything like me, you'll just you are the exception to all the stats and normal progression for these diseases. But try to be proactive with your anxiety. Try yoga, exercise, therapy, etc... Therapy has helped me the most. Sorry about the long post and hope it helps
Bookmark and Share

Tags: