Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Had a big argument w my husband tonight :/  (Read 259 times)

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Had a big argument w my husband tonight :/
« on: December 10, 2013, 07:28:29 PM »
Sucks, because as I've said he has been very supportive. And I know it's only one fight and it'll be over tomorrow. But what hurts is that he doesn't fight fair. He's never wrong, it's my fault one way or another. And we cannot have simply a disagreement.....it becomes an argument because he can't try to see my perspective. Today for example I even apologized for my attitude then tried to explain my side. He storms out and leaves.

We rarely argue, so it's not a huge issue. But I admit it worries me a little

I wish I was in with my therapist.....not until next week. I desperately need someone to listen. Life is so overwhelming. I was aware that four good days in a row didn't mean things were all better.....but hell everything feels so overwhelming again. I almost considered calling a ***** hotline tonight. Not that I'm really a risk or seriously considered it. Just because I felt so helpless.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 202
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Had a big argument w my husband tonight :/
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 08:43:01 PM »
So sorry to hear you are having such a rough night!!  But, you are probably right, it will all blow over tomorrow, although that doesn't help much right now!!  Maybe at some point when things are calm and you aren't butting heads, you can ask him to sit down and just listen to you for a bit and let you explain yourself.  Just tell him you don't want him to get mad, you don't want an argument, you simply want to explain your side of something.  Maybe telling him that will allow him to listen without become defensive.

Once you start therapy, maybe the therapist can have some ideas to help communication between you and your husband.  It's certainly not always easy!  I hope you day tomorrow is better!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: