Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of Lymphoma  (Read 262 times)

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fear of Lymphoma
« on: December 10, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »
Hello every one, I'm knew here but i read many threads before I decided to make an account, anyways here it goes.
20 year old male use to be obese but turned my life around and went from 291 last august to 194 today.

About two weeks ago I discovered two swollen Lymph Nodes. I had had a blood test that included a  CBC, RBC, and WBC because my GP thought i had an Anemia, but those symptoms went away rather quickly and haven't returned. I did the test about 3 days before I discovered the nodes and got the results the day I found them. The test came back normal but I was still was kind of freaked out so I set up an another appointment with my GP.

He said I was right they were slightly swollen, and  had others swollen i didn't even feel, those have gone away according to him. He checked my mouth, nose, and ears and said their was a little green crust in the nose and I had a tonsil stone on one of my tonsils. He did find anything really abnormal though so he sent me on my way and gave me some antibiotics because he though I had an upper respiratory infection. He also though i had acid reflux because I had been very gassy, and had some slight pain when swallowing anything near the bottom of my esophagus besides Ice cream, and eat a lot of spicy food that went away when he put me on Omeprazole.

The antibiotics I think made them shrink a little but not much, and made them softer I think but can't really tell. I went for a physical soon after and he said he didn't really see anything wrong with me besides Anxiety, something that I admitted to. He said keep taking the antibiotic and we will have a follow up on monday to check them out again.

I went back yesterday and nothing had really changed from the physical, he said I still shouldn't worry the things I had been telling him really don't point towards lymphoma and more towards anxiety. He an I both agreed that I should see a Psych.

Now about the Nodes, one is about the size of a pea or bean on my left side of the neck, the other is about the size of an almond on the right side, both in the same location. They are very moveable, and can be hard or soft depending on the position I am sitting, standing, or laying in or if i leave them alone. They only seem to get somewhat sore if i look at them and obsess over them which i do constantly. They don't seem to be getting bigger and sometimes smaller if i don't touch them for awhile. They also seem to almost completely disappear when i work out. they are at their hardest when i turn my head in the opposite direction of their location but are still moveable.

Other symptoms
I had some Fatigue and some numbness in my legs and arms but those had gone away even before the blood test and my doctor felt that was from working out to much and anxiety because my blood test didn't show anemia.

I haven't had any night sweats or fevers.

I have had some very dull chest pain and shallow breathing but i think my Heart is racing and my body is Anxious with out me knowing it and i could even feel my heart beat when l tried to sleep face down for a bit but that went away today when I took an Alprazolam. I can also still run 1-2 miles with out much problems.

I also was dizzy the other day along with some blurry vision but that went away after drinking some water.

Lately I have had some very dull headaches that go away on their own or when I work out, and some somewhat painful headaches that go away with water.

I have had some weight loss but i took a break from lifting so I think it's just muscle lost, and while i was very anxious and there were times where i had to force food down and before this started i had even hit a weight plateau until i tried intermittent fasting, and lost five pounds in a week(Never again I think this is the cause for all of this). Since i took a break from lifting I have lost about 6 lbs in two weeks and i had a BMI and i have actually put on some fat (.5) and lost muscle (10 lbs)

I have also have a slight sore throat when i wake up.

I have had some itchy skin but nothing abnormal to me at least, just your occasional itch and i did have a hive yesterday that went away and didn't spread.

Had some redness over the lymph node last night but that was gone this morning and I was poking it a lot.

The reason my doctor isn't worried is because things seem to be getting better, and not worse, and doesn't see a need for a Ct scan or MRI.

Stool has been normal just a tad more stinky then usual and is sometime hard so doctor said just increase the fiber!

Thank you for those who listen to my rambling, and sorry for any miss spellings, any response will be greatly appreciated. If i can think of any other anomalies i will post them soon in the thread.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline sohysterical

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of Lymphoma
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:50:33 PM »
Honestly, I had tonsilitis pretty bad as a teenager, and the lymph glands in my neck on either side of my throat are permanently a little swollen (about the size you describe, about an almond) and firm but not rock-hard. Very easy to feel anyway. The dr said that's all it is, and that especially in the throat because we get so many colds and there's so much going on in that area it's not uncommon for the glands to stay a little larger. If it were something more serious, they would not be improving! Mine get bigger if I touch them a lot, leave them alone for a few days and I bet they'll go down.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 10:09:16 PM »
Thank you for a response
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline Anna

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 08:40:15 AM »
Sometimes there just isn't an answer for swollen nodes. I know how you feel though as I can feel all of my neck lymph nodes. They are not painful and are about the size of a pea or smaller. I was petrified that I had lymphoma. I had actually convinced myself that I did. But tests came back clear. Not sure if this will help but a few doctors told me that they don't get too worried  unless the lymph nodes are the size of a grape or golf ball. Even then the possibility of lymphoma isn't extremely high as there could be 1,000 other non deadly infections that have caused them to swell. Take care.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: