Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hi :)  (Read 63 times)

Offline ashleyrose1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi :)
« on: December 10, 2013, 03:35:51 AM »
Well um how do I start? Lol  I'm not used to joining health related forums but I am really thankful I found this place and it was totally by accident!  I was looking up a question about a medication I take and turns out someone on here had the exact same question! So about me- I was diagnosed with GAD last year but I think I've had problems with it since I was 13. I would not wish these feelings on ANYONE, but it feels sooo good to know I'm not alone! It embarrasses me sometimes, having a mental illness thing but my family history is full of it! Schizophrenia, Alcoholism, and Depression as well. My mom takes meds too but hers is for depression I think. Sometimes I wish I could just be happy and not afraid of stupid stuff and that I could just shut my brain off, the meds help but I wish I didn't need them. I worry there will be a time when I can't get them and I'll just not be able to function! Look I'm worrying about worrying! Anyways that's how I am. It's worse at night, I'll be fine for a good long while and then BAM it's back again. :( I've been through so much but it's all in my head! I'm just thankful I'm not alone, online and in real life. Thank you all for making this place! :happy0158: :happy0158: :happy0158:
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi :)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 03:51:58 AM »
Hi Ashley Rose,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

I am glad you found the forum.  Sounds like a happy accident.  I think many of us wish that we could shut our minds off.  I know I do.  I too am a constant worrier and suffer from GAD and panic disorder.  You are definitely not alone and there are many people who deal with the same issues you do.  I hope you are able to use the forum to get the help and support you need.

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline ashleyrose1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi :)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 04:05:36 AM »
Thanks so much! I think this place will help me very much! :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: