Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What food/drinks to reduce /relieve/prevent panic attack  (Read 475 times)

Offline thunderbreak

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What food/drinks to reduce /relieve/prevent panic attack
« on: December 09, 2013, 07:47:38 PM »
Yesterday I experience a really bad panic attack at office,coupled with cold temperature which makes it worse.
I have a pain killer (prescribed) pill from my colleague and I felt relived for  a few hours.But I knew I couldnt keep eat that cos it's some strong stuff?
What kind of food /drinks do you consume for panic attack relief?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Starlys80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What food/drinks to reduce /relieve/prevent panic attack
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 12:49:29 AM »
If you're prone to panic attacks I would first cut out caffeine. Chamomile tea is calming. Sleepytime Tea has calming herbs in it as well. You can try Magnesium Glycinate which is a supplement with calming properties. There is also something called Bach's Rescue Remedy that can reduce anxiety. You can get it at Whole Foods usually or a vitamin store.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stevo1111

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 01:27:38 PM »
Valerian root tea or powdered tablets are probably the most effective OTC stuff you could take to bring you down a notch. Otherwise, the occasional Benedryl may be worth a shot as soon as you feel one coming on, but the effects will likely wear off after repeated use. Watch out for alcohol or medications not prescribed to you, these may make matters worse.

Is there a trigger in your work environment that brings a panic on? Maybe you should try to determine what's bringing them about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline solstice105

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 04:28:01 AM »
I had pretty good results with Bach's Rescue Remedy for quite awhile. It just isn't strong enough for me by itself anymore. I also do  2 tea bags of Traditional Medicinals Chamomile with Lavender when I'm feeling pretty anxious. Its pretty potent though so you might start with just 1 tea bag. I drink it mostly to help with sleep so that's why I do 2 bags.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: