Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of schizophernia?  (Read 299 times)

Offline bbwire

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fear of schizophernia?
« on: December 09, 2013, 06:21:29 PM »
So I was wondering can anxiety make you believe things or question things that aren't true? I've been having a really hard time lately with this fear of going crazy or having schizophrenia anything like that, so since that's my biggest fear I know all about it and all of it's symptoms I'm constantly questioning everything. I know a symptom of schizophrenia is having delusions so my imagination creates delusional thoughts to test myself and I'll get scared of believing that stuff so like I'll have a thought "what if someone is going through my stuff" and that thought scares me and then I will ask myself "do I actually believe that" and then the thought becomes so abstract like I doubt it so much that I don't know what I think, but then I read a lot of stuff about how if I was actually delusional I wouldn't question my thoughts I wouldn't even know it others would but that still doesn't help the thoughts are just so scary especially when I ask myself if I believe any of this stuff.

So basically I was wondering if anyone has any advice on like can anxiety make you believe things that are not true or make you doubt yourself so much that you don't know what you think like when someone has intrusive thoughts of being gay do you ask yourself if you think you are actually gay and it becomes hard to answer I was just using that as a reference, I'm just so upset about this fear it's horrible! Any advice would help
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of schizophernia?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 04:47:25 AM »
Hi bbwire,

these fears are quite common. I remember way back when I started having intrusive thoughts about hurting people which led to anxiety and depression. I couldn't really hurt a fly.
My advise would be to check out the topics, that display below your topic (as you open it). They're called similar topics and tend to bring lots of information.
You might also wanna use 'search' option, inserting fear and/or schizophrenia. Should come up with many topics.

Hope u feel better really soon.
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Tags: