Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 84 times)

Offline marty_MUFC

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello
« on: December 09, 2013, 09:55:54 AM »
Hello I am knew to this so be nice

I guess my anxiety started when i found out that i wasn't getting back into college. When i found out i hid the letter simply because i did not want to tell anyone that i failed i kind of pushed it all to the back of my mind. But one night it all got to much for me i just could not stop crying i told my family how i was feeling. So following Monday i went to the doctors and they said i have anxiety.

I feel like someone has took over my body because it has changed me. I have nausea something which i think is more serious but is that the Anxiety telling me this?

Every time something is wrong with i automatically think its more serious than what it is ? Is that Anxiety? Also a funny feeling in the backs of my legs

I would be thankful for a reply
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »
Hello and welcome!  I have general anxiety with a side order of panic attacks (for which I now take Zoloft with a side order of Xanax) and I have had many of the same symptoms you describe prior to going on meds.  Nausea is a very common anxiety symptom as is tingling in the arms and legs and always assuming the worst about physical issues.  For me I had an irrational fear that my heart was going to stop (even though I am 33 and in perfect health) so I constantly took my pulse; I also worried that I would stop breathing and every muscle twinge was a sign of impending doom. 

I tried to tough it out but I run my own business and my anxiety was starting to interfere with my work so I took the plunge and talked to my doc about meds.  To make a long story short I tried wellbutrin and it was a nightmare, switched docs to one I liked a lot better and started on Zoloft.  After the start up side effects went away I now feel better than I have in years.  For me meds were the right answer but they are not for everyone. 

Have you talked to your doc about therapy and medication options?  There are lots of medication options out there and CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) can be very effective for treating anxiety as well.  My advice is to find a good doc you are comfortable with and talk to them about your symptoms and treatment options....just make sure it's not Dr. Google or Web MB!  Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline marty_MUFC

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 03:51:35 PM »
Hello and welcome!  I have general anxiety with a side order of panic attacks (for which I now take Zoloft with a side order of Xanax) and I have had many of the same symptoms you describe prior to going on meds.  Nausea is a very common anxiety symptom as is tingling in the arms and legs and always assuming the worst about physical issues.  For me I had an irrational fear that my heart was going to stop (even though I am 33 and in perfect health) so I constantly took my pulse; I also worried that I would stop breathing and every muscle twinge was a sign of impending doom. 

I tried to tough it out but I run my own business and my anxiety was starting to interfere with my work so I took the plunge and talked to my doc about meds.  To make a long story short I tried wellbutrin and it was a nightmare, switched docs to one I liked a lot better and started on Zoloft.  After the start up side effects went away I now feel better than I have in years.  For me meds were the right answer but they are not for everyone. 

Have you talked to your doc about therapy and medication options?  There are lots of medication options out there and CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) can be very effective for treating anxiety as well.  My advice is to find a good doc you are comfortable with and talk to them about your symptoms and treatment options....just make sure it's not Dr. Google or Web MB!  Hang in there!

Hi thanks for the reply

Yes the doc recommended me to talk to a professional about it. I had some tablets for the heart burn that i was getting in my stomach. It cleared it up. But it is the Nausea that has me worried. Every time i feel it coming on i am always thinking the worst that i could be stomach cancer or something. Then the buzzing in my legs it sort of made me feel like i was dizzy.

Then the slightest thing that i feel is wrong with me i google it up and that makes it worse. There are some days which i feel like am getting over it but then it will all come back again. I am 21 years old.

Its so annoying because makes me feel like there is something seriously wrong with me but i have been told by doctors that there is not.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything