Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Struggling to cope  (Read 89 times)

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Struggling to cope
« on: December 09, 2013, 03:57:26 AM »
Hi,

So I have come here for a little bit of advice and support. I have always been what I would call a worrier, I worry if my bf is late home from work something bad must have happened  etc etc but over the last few weeks this anxiety has gradually got worse. My ex bf recently died of a heart attack running the marathon aged only 27 and this really shocked and upset me. We also had a carbon monoxide leak scare so I think both of those things have sparked this anxiety off. I have had a headache for about a 2 weeks on and off but constant for the last 4 days or so. Sometimes it's a tightness around the back of my head, other times its a pain directly on the top of my head and my scalp feels a little sensitive. I am struggling to eat and have lost 5lb in about 4 days. I went to see the GP as I convinced myself I must have a brain tumour. He told me that was very unlikely and gave me a blood test form and a referral to CBT. That evening I had tingling down one side of my face and down my arm and hand. I have had this once before in my face when I wasn't really anxious. So I decided to go to A&E where they did blood pressure which was high (probably from being anxious) my pulse was also high. My other obs were all fine, he checked my eyes because I mentioned the tumour fear and he said all was ok. I still couldn't accept he was right. I then booked an eye test and told them my fears, they looked behind both eyes and said all was fine. Anyway... the reassurance hasn't reassured me! I feel shaky and I have an upset tummy, I can't get this feeling of impending doom out of my head. I feel dizzy and sometimes like i'm not here or that everyone can see how I feel (which I am sure they can't!). I am 26 I live with my bf and he is a bit of a worrier too but has been great. However, I have asked my mum over a few times as I needed her reassurance too. This weekend we went to London because we had already planned to but I just couldn't enjoy it because this feeling was there 24.7. I should have been enjoying the Christmas markets and lights etc, but at the back of my mind I was thinking I feel weird, this isn't me. When it came to going home I cried and broke down as i'd been ruminating the whole way home on the train about being scared to go back to our flat to 'think' again and be away from distraction. I went to mums for a bit and felt a little bit better then came home. I couldn't manage to eat any dinner as I just couldn't stop thinking. I then went to bed as I just wanted to get away from my thinking pattern.

I have woken up today and am spending the day with mum and sister. I have a dull, foggy headache and I feel spaced out. I have eaten some cereal and an orange but I think I am going to struggle today. I am scared about going to work tomorrow and freaking out.

I have been referred for CBT as I said but I know this will take a while.

Do any of you have such fears and feelings and can you offer any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Struggling to cope
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 06:28:01 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: