Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My aunt was diagnosed Lung Cancer! And i think my HA is getting worse...  (Read 197 times)

Offline bittersweetlife

• Cowardly neurotic anxious stressed out depressed human being.
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
My aunt was diagnosed Lung Cancer (stage 2). she was a cigarette smoker, and now she had cancer! Of course at first i was shocked about her diagnosis and though this aunt of mine was one of my closest aunt. She was fun and very kind, she used to give me money during Christmas when i was a kid (She said doesn't have time to buy me presents, so that i can choose whatever i want to buy). She also always prepare and plans for us for having a family/relatives out of town vacations.

So here's the thing.. When i heard about her diagnosis, i felt like my Health Anxiety gone worse! i was a bit shaky and nervous! I felt bad for her and for myself! Especially i had a fear of CANCER!!! (hodgkin's lymphoma, leukemia, bone cancer, brain tumor) *such a hypochondriac!* but i wasn't concerned of Lung Cancer for myself. Well i used to smoke (back in 2010-2011) but in 2012 to present; rarely and moderately. (I came to the point during 2012, smoking isn't fun at all. i hate the smell of it.) So should i really quit smoking now? I mean should i stop smoking even if it's just moderately? I am not a heavy smoker myself but my aunt was a heavy smoker (she always consumed 1 pack of filter cigarette's a day, as far as i remember when i see her smoking during my childhood years.)

And oh my god! My elder sister was a heavy smoker too, compare to me! (even though i am mad at her, i still worry about her future health because she had a child for god sake!) And the husband of my elder sister is quite a heavy smoker too. I am worried about their child.

I feel so anxious and down to earth.  B-;
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it" - Paramore (from the song "Now")
Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries" - Timon & Pumba (Disney's Lion King)
“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline Joey8924

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My aunt was diagnosed Lung Cancer! And i think my HA is getting worse...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 01:24:05 AM »
You should definitely quit smoking!!!! Prayers for your aunt. Good thing they found it before it got worse.

I can kind of relate to you. I just lost my aunt to lung cancer last February. This Christmas is going to be hard on my family because her house was always the place to be every Christmas Eve. Last time I saw her was last Christmas Eve and she wasn't looking well. She was a huge smoker and had a consistent cough for years. She also hadn't been to a doctor in years either. Finally in January she saw a doctor for blood tests and they told her she needed to go to the hospital for more testing because they spotted something on her lung. She was gone a few weeks later, all because she refused to see a doctor and because she refused to quit smoking. Her cancer was probably stage 4. They couldn't do proper testing because she was to weak.

Thankfully your aunt saw a doctor and will be treated properly. And you should quit ASAP! Cigarettes are scary.

Best wishes!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

• Cowardly neurotic anxious stressed out depressed human being.
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 08:37:44 AM »
Yes, thank you so much @Joey8924, thanks for your concerns! Yes i should be. I come to the point that i didn't like smoking anymore. Before my aunts diagnosis, i neglected smoking little by little.
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it" - Paramore (from the song "Now")
Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries" - Timon & Pumba (Disney's Lion King)
“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 10:28:29 AM »
Of course you should quit! There are no pros to smoking. It not only can cause cancer but makes your voice sound awful and makes you look a lot older than you are. And plus most people do not enjoy smelling a smoker. I know I hate it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »
I hope our aunt makes a full recovery. Life sometimes does not make any sense, as some people
smoke their entire lives without any issues, while others never smoke and have issues to deal with.
As a client of mine told me who is a cardiologist and nephrologist, their are two keys to longevity;
heredity and more so luck.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: