Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Speech/Thinking issues  (Read 314 times)

Offline EDC6710

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Speech/Thinking issues
« on: December 08, 2013, 07:12:23 PM »
I have not been here in a while. I was sort of under control for a while but had some new "symptoms". Lately I feel like I am slurring words or difficulty talking like my tongue or mouth won't move right. I also feel like I can't think or read correctly. I feel like I used to read so much faster now I really have to slow down to comprehend it seems like but yet I can come up with complex answers on other things. So my mind goes to brain tumor, and other things similar. Anyone have similar issues? Thanks for any feedback.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Maisie77

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Speech/Thinking issues
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:03:41 PM »
Hi There. I have not had the speech issues you are talking about , but I've had a lot if strange cognitive stuff for
The last six months since I had my son. I don't know if it's an intense postpartum or what. I have times where I feel
Confused about what's going on. I also have times where I might get stuck on what someone is saying.  I have been to three neurologist who all say its psychiatric. My ob told me she thought I had early onset dementia and I've been writing letters to my kids thinking I'm dying. My point is , the brain and stress can do crazy, crazy stuff.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Floridagal10

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 11:59:13 PM »
Hi there. I use to get this a lot, and still do from time to time. When I am severely stressed or am on the verge of a panic attack.  I just have to stop focusing on it, because it makes it worse. I know it is hard to do. I talked to my doctor about it a couple of times and she said stress does some very strange things to the body.
Bookmark and Share

Offline EDC6710

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 09:46:59 AM »
Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. Not to mean in a bad way but nice to know at least not alone although don't wish it on anyone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Maisie77

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 10:09:28 PM »
EDC- have you been under a lot of anxiety lately?
Wondering of you've had environmental changes  to bring these new symptoms on? I know how frightening it feels, believe me.  When you feel like you're not totally in control of your mind, it is beyond terrifying!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: