Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone have experience with this? Oral cancer?  (Read 274 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone have experience with this? Oral cancer?
« on: December 08, 2013, 06:28:48 PM »
I have what looks like one or two extremely small white pimples on the inside of my left cheek. I can feel it with my tongue, but I cant "pop" it. Painless. I've never smoked, never drink, whats the likelihood this is oral cancer??? The bump feel very very small, like a quarter of the size of a pea, maybe smaller. Had to get a flashlight to see it, and it looks like 1 or 2 pimples(whiteheads), but i cant pop them. Scared to death!!! Anyone had this??? 26 years old with two small children, scared out of my mind!
Bookmark and Share

Offline odnox

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone have experience with this? Oral cancer?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 06:53:24 PM »
I get something like that from time to time.  I usually just scratch it with a fingernail until it pops and it goes away.  Don't know if it's the same but sounds like it.  I don't think it's cancer.  I'm still here more than a decade after they started anyway.  So I wouldn't worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 08:39:10 PM »
I can't pop it though, I've tried and nothing happens. Just tried it again (by trying to scratch it) and all I did was scratch some of the skin off because I tasted blood and now it looks like the area around it has blood/is red. Great. Freaking out even more.
Bookmark and Share

Offline odnox

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 09:36:31 PM »
I'm sorry.  I was trying to help.  I'll go now.  Sorry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 12:39:15 PM »
I wasn't in any way blaming you for my anxiety. I am just scared. Sorry if you took it personally.

I have a dentist appointment today at 3pm. Praying for good news!!! I'll post after my appointment!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 09:18:33 PM »
Saw the dentist today. He said it looks like I bit my cheek...but I didn't. He said it was probably a blocked salivary gland that "popped"...but I told him I couldn't pop it.

He said it was nothing to worry about, and I asked him "So it's not oral cancer?" and he said "Nooooo. No way."

My mind is trying to trust him, but my anxiety is telling me that he didn't know what he was talking about/I'm from out of town, so he knows he's not going to get much money from me (i.e. follow up visits, regular cleanings, ect.) so he didn't bother taking the time to really care about what was going on, ect.

Someone please tell me that I should trust the dentist and his 10+ years of experience!
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 02:33:52 AM »
Dentists go through rigorous schooling and are trained professionals; he would know what he's talking about. :yes:

Oral cancers are a specialty of theirs, and they know all of the signs to look for. If he looked at it and thought he saw any of these signs, he would tell you - whether you're from out of town or not.

(In that situation, I would be more concerned that because I'm from out of town and might not return later, he would OVER do it at this visit and make it out to be more than it is to try to get as much out of me this visit as he can... but that's just me.)
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline spacetime

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 02:36:58 AM »
I have that too.  I've had it for a few years and have been to the dentist several times and he never said anything about it.  One time I asked him about it and I think he said it was nothing to worry about. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline japheree

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 05:38:47 AM »
Your dentist is the best person to spot any warning signs and if they say it looks benign then it is benign. Do ot whatever you do start google image searching. I did this when I had an oral cancer scare and believe me, you will find images that match what you can see, no matter what.

Trust your dentist, they will know what to look for!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: