Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I hate depression so much...  (Read 529 times)

Online dannysmiles19

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I hate depression so much...
« on: December 08, 2013, 04:24:09 PM »
I can't believe I've come all this way and this is the way I have turned out. I just can't believe I am 20 years old and have a depressive condition. I'm so young...but it just kind of happened. I have made so many posts on here about various things from social anxiety, to depression, to dual diagnosis, to medication...it goes on and on because mental health goes on and on along this crazy road.

It's lunacy...it's absolute lunacy...we go through the motions of life and suffer through depression... it's not just feeling blue or a temporary funk... it is a long term condition that just doesn't let up. it comes back, recurs, resurfaces, takes over everything when left untreated or not treated well enough.

Life is life...it's what we make of it... but when there's true depression involved... that's something I cannot describe... it's like your livelihood has been sucked out of you through a tube. I miss having fun...i miss being that kid going to friend's houses and having a good time...

I'm 20 now...and I live with one of the most difficult mental health conditions... I am in the dark... and it just doesn't stop... it never really goes away... It's awful. People complain about their pain and they complain about medications and complain about life in general...because these people including me are in a very uncomfortable walk of life.

I don't know what to do anymore...I have a light therapy box... i have Viibryd...I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms from lexapro...it's december with little sunlight...what do I do?
Bookmark and Share

Online dannysmiles19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I hate depression so much...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:09:20 AM »
I figured out what I do...i go to therapy...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 09:19:52 AM »
dannysmiles,

you know I've been following your story and I firmy believe you will make it ok in life because you are thinking and doing the right things. Depression isn't easy, no, it's super hard and even if it goes away, there are no guarantees it won't come back. But personally I'm ok with that. No, I do not enjoy long terrible months of 'zombieness', but I've learned to make it through and go on.
Winter with lack of sunlight can be especially tricky, true. Light therapy sound promising though.

Keeping my fingers crossed your mood improves really soon, take care.
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 09:23:17 AM »
Therapy is a great idea, kudos for you to taking another step. I know it's hard when depression saps motivation, but really consider getting some exercise. Exercise had been proven to be an effective anti-depressant strategy. Good luck to you
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 08:20:25 PM »
I'm right there with you :) Depression is definitely a challenge, but that's not to say it can't be overcome. Keep looking up, you're on the right track  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 05:34:32 PM »
I know you don't believe it right now, because I felt exactly like you when I was 20 (hear grandma talk!  :angel-smiley-006:) but it will get better and you will get so much stronger by fighting this fight. Still, it sucks. And none of us would have picked this kind of life if we were asked to choose, but we have to deal with it and it will even bring you positive things. Because if you know the dark, you appreciate the light so much more. I'd like to think that we depressed people get the chance to really smell, see and feel beauty in this world once we feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Online dannysmiles19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 10:45:49 AM »
I never asked to feel this way... and i feel like it's getting worse due to a possible underlying seasonal affective component...

i've been doing light therapy and have been on viibryd for 2 weeks...i'm starting week 3 today... so if viibryd were to effectively treat it...how long should I give it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 11:08:57 AM »
It can take 4-6 weeks at the therapeutic dose, sometimes even longer. I would say give it at least another three weeks. Make sure you get a follow-up scheduled with your medical provider within the next month to see where you're at. With their ok, you could also consider adding a fish oil supplement which may help. Consider getting your vitamin D level checked as well and see about taking a supplement if your levels are low.
Bookmark and Share

Online dannysmiles19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 12:11:44 PM »
Vitamin D has conflicting reports... experts have implicated it but others say it's not clear...

Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 12:43:10 PM »
Yes, I'm aware of that. Still, low Vitamin D levels are very common in temperate climates during the winter months. It's not a bad thing to be checked and get in normal range for the other functions of Vitamin D anyway. I don't check Vitamin D level on my own patients, but my doctor does. And I find that I am ordering it more frequently as time goes on. Just a suggestion, if you're not inclined to that's your choice.
Bookmark and Share

Online dannysmiles19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 05:13:53 PM »
I just want to be free... I want my life to take off... I don't want to be stuck in this cyclical way of life... I never said I won't do it...I thank you for your advice. I want to get the levels checked it's just that I don't want to leave my house...I think my seasonal affective disorder is kicking in full swing...i don't want to go out...I want to be in my room.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: