Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling relaxed and then panicked..solutions please..  (Read 159 times)

Offline Joey8924

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling relaxed and then panicked..solutions please..
« on: December 08, 2013, 03:57:03 PM »
I self diagnosed myself with hypochondria. But I'm starting to think its more than that.

I feel like I have every disease possible. Then I start researching like crazy.

I tell myself things to try to get myself to relax, and most of the time it works. But then something will get my mind back to worrying. And I'll try to retell myself the stuff I was telling myself before to calm down and it won't seem to work anymore because worrying has taken over my mind. I can't control it.

Any1 have any coping ideas for this? Just last night I felt it was a good idea to turn off my computer and put away my iPad and it worked last night. I didn't feel the need to check the internet. But when I woke up I felt the need to hop right on the net. It's very depressing and annoying. Any help or suggestions would be great
Bookmark and Share

Offline odnox

• Poke This Member
Re: Feeling relaxed and then panicked..solutions please..
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 06:14:51 PM »
I work in IT so it's difficult to just shut off the computer, but that's the only thing that always works for me.  I try to watch a movie or something and that helps sometimes, but being on the internet usually makes things worse for me.  When I get home I have dinner at my computer, then just have to shut it off and find something else to do before bed.

Anyway, I have no suggestions other than to get off the internet and find something to keep your mind occupied.
Bookmark and Share

Offline WorryJules

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling relaxed and then panicked..solutions please..
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 06:20:06 PM »
I do exactly the same or I'll be browsing saw a news channel and see something about a health scare and that's it, I'm on 'high-alert' and already diagnosing myself or pre-diagnosing what I might/could get   :(  I can be feeling fairly relaxed and then hear on the news say something about dementia.  I then can feel a wash of panic over me and part of me wants to switch it off but another is compelled to watch it so I'm aware of what symptoms to look for.  I find it so frustrating.  When it comes to jobs, finance you name it, I feel no matter how mad the situation with something like these you can at least take control of the situation and have a plan of action.  With health issues though, although I don't smoke or drink and take lots of exercise, there's no knowing when something can strike you down.  It takes over my life sometimes.  I'll get to work and immediately be searching the latest symptoms I have (or rather probably don't have) and before you know it I have some terminal disease.  The frustrating thing is my daughter was very ill as a child and spent the first year in hospital.  She has open heart surgery etc etc and I was strong, positive and coped brilliantly.  In fact when she was OK my mind would then be racing over conditions she may develop.  Hope you're feeling OK and hope my experience helps.  Stay positive
Bookmark and Share

Tags: