Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Constant nosebleed!  (Read 228 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Constant nosebleed!
« on: December 07, 2013, 02:19:51 PM »
I was at work today, and I had to itch my nose.  I guess when I went to go itch it, I think there was some dried mucus, because it rubbed against my nose somewhere.  Well my nose started bleeding and it kept on bleeding.  It was a very bad bloody nose too.  Like I would hold my nose like every other time and it just kept coming out no matter how much I pinched it.  That went on for about almost 10 minutes.  Now I just put cotton up my nose and while the gushing has stopped, it is still collecting blood on the tissue.

I have had nosebleeds before and some worse than others.  But this one scared me...and I had blood coming out of my mouth from my throat when I went to spit mucus out.  Now there is still a bit of blood in my mucus, but not as much, and my nose has pretty much stopped.  It started at about 12:40 and it pretty much stopped at 1:15 altogether.  So is this something like leukemia, or just a normal nosebleed?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant nosebleed!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 05:32:12 PM »
I checked my nose again - to see if it was still "leaking" and it's pretty much just the "left over" blood.  Like the color of old blood.  Sorry for TMI.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Joey8924

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 06:01:27 PM »
Hi. I'm no expert but although it is a sign of it, nosebleeds can be caused by many other reasons. I have never had one but I know people who have had them on and off and most of the times is caused by a nasal issue. I would suggest seeing an ENT. Best wishes!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 08:04:02 PM »
Nose bleeds can be caused by MANY things.

Change of weather
Stress (yes really)
Maybe you nicked a blood vessel when you scratched your nose.

I've had a friend with a brain tumour and he had none of your symptoms. Brain tumour symptoms also don't come and go. My friend didn't even realise he had something wrong until he went to the optometrist and they found he had no peripheral vision. None. He's fine now though :)

Are you doing anything for your anxiety at the moment?

I've been following some if your recent posts and you seem to be going through an extremely difficult patch at the moment. If you haven't seen a doctor about that then it might help :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: