Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: What am I feeling near my groin?! I'm doomed if this is a lymph node! :(  (Read 316 times)

Offline Brooke2288

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So I know I have been posting about this a lot lately but I just cannot get it out of my head. On the left side of my groin, I feel an inch or so long lump. I would say that it is maybe only 1 cm wide, so it is a lot longer than it is wide. I've heard before that more worrisome nodes are rounded and not really long and thin so I hope that's true. It is not right on the crease of the groin, but directly below that area, like on the very top of my leg/thigh. when I press on it, it moves back and forth. It's pretty rubbery and smooth. Does this sound like a lymph node or could it be a tendon or something else? I'm freaking out about lymphoma. I'm 25 years old and 20 weeks pregnant with twins and it's not far from my baby belly. I have an OB appointment/ultrasound in 4 days so I think I'm going to have my doctor feel it then. My husband will be there and I'm sure he will be annoyed when I bring it up. He's pretty tired of hearing about my HA fears...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenniferio

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What am I feeling near my groin?! I'm doomed if this is a lymph node! :(
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 01:21:34 PM »
Have you gone to an anatomy site?  Google Images is good. 

Sounds like a tendon or ligament to me. 

Do you feel well?

I read that Jackie Kennedy has a lump in her groin before she was dx'd but she had felt like she had the flu for weeks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 02:47:13 PM »
I feel fine actually. No fever, obviously no weight loss (been gaining quite a bit with twins) no night sweats, and no major itching, besides some of the minor itches that come along with pregnancy hormones.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »
Google images actually kind of freaked me out because it shows lymph nodes exactly where I'm feeling. I'm hoping it's something else though. It's probably 3 or 4 times longer than it is wide, that's why I'm hoping it's a tendon or something... ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 01:14:16 PM »
Like I told you in your previous topic, these are lymph nodes. They can even swell when you have a little scratch on your toe. And if you keep touching them, they will not disappear. Knowing that you're pregnant with twins I would really advice you to visit a doctor. You obviously can't get this out of your system and the anxiety is not good for you and your baby's. Again, there's nothing wrong with you, but if you wont believe it if we tell you that, please visit a doctor and let him/her explain about your lymph nodes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 06:49:51 PM »
Well I kind of hope mine isn't a lymph node because it's not under 1cm or pea sized...This thing is probably about an inch long and not very wide. That's why I'm hoping it's something else. It bounces back and forth when I press on it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: