Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: GAD/depression and it's been a long hard year...  (Read 118 times)

Offline candlebright

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
GAD/depression and it's been a long hard year...
« on: December 07, 2013, 10:17:27 AM »
Hello everyone.  My name is Janey.  I'm 26 years old and I'm losing my mind.  B-;

I've always had anxiety and moderate depression; as long as I can remember.  But this past year everything has multiplied a hundredfold.  I had a bout of depression so bad I almost didn't make it.  That was in July.  Now it's December and I'm anxious every day.  That constant feeling of terror and impending doom.  My heart in a vice.  My shoulders full of electricity.  I've tried meditating but it only helps for a few seconds.  Things I used to love don't make me happy anymore.  I'm struggling just to get by and my support network is made up of two cats.  My husband lives 5000 miles away in England and we can't afford the visa for me to move yet.  I feel like I have no control over my life and I'm scared.

I'm from Oklahoma and I have native american heritage (also I'm dirt poor and have no insurance) so my only hospital options are the free indian ones.  I tried to go in asking about maybe getting on medication, and they threatened to hold me for observation for 3 days, kept me in a curtained off bed for 3 hours, sent me to the emergency room, then told me they couldn't help me and I should try somewhere else.  I'm almost afraid to ask for help again.

Hoping to find some help and people who understand.  Sorry this post is such a downer.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: GAD/depression and it's been a long hard year...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 02:52:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: