Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: This is consuming my life HELP!  (Read 200 times)

Offline shellienutt

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
This is consuming my life HELP!
« on: December 06, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
I suffer from sever anxiety and depression, I am on 3 different medications one is every day and the other 2 are for when panic strikes. I am pushing everyone out of my life I am jumpy, agitated, and just sometimes want to be left alone. I cry at the drop of a hat, I try to explain to my husband how I feel he says I just cant deal with life. that is not true sometimes I don't even want to get out of the bed and that is when my depression kicks in. the smallest thing stresses me out I cant think about anything else when I get something on my mind. my life is being completely consumed by this. I have dealt with anxiety since I was 14 and seems the older I get the worse it gets. I have started to have more panic attacks to the point my kids are having to get me through it and holding me when I cry I feel like a burden to them I try to stay away or locked in my room when I feel it coming on but my middle daughter seems to sense it because she sticks to me like glue the minute she can tell im on edge. my marriage is failing because I stress over EVERYTHING big and small I doubt anything im told it is driving me insane please tell me I am not alone in this
Bookmark and Share

Offline fearnot

• Rec's: 3
  • eatawayanxiety(dot)com
    • Poke This Member
Re: This is consuming my life HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 08:40:14 AM »
It's hard and I'm sorry you're going through such a trying experience.

You know, when all the things you're doing aren't working, maybe it's time to try something else. A start could be that every time you want to be left alone, do the opposite - force yourself to spend time with others even when it's hard.

When you feel like crying, tell someone the funniest story you know. When you don't want to get out of bed, get the hell out of bed and go for a walk for 10 minutes.

When you feel like a burden, tell people how lucky and grateful you are that they're in your life.

It's not a complete panacea, but small little changes one by one help.
Bookmark and Share
eatawayanxiety(dot)com - eat away what's been eating you

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 09:55:40 AM »
I agree with the previous post; when what you have tried hasn't worked, try something else--but keep trying :)
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 10:16:09 AM »
You are certainly not alone...  The daily medication I was on, up and stopped working for me a few months ago, so my anxiety and panic attacks are back.  My doctor has started me on a new med, just a few weeks ago.  When was the last time you saw your doctor?  Are they aware of the severity of the problems you are having?  I also agree with what "fearnot" said.  Medication can really help, but it is not a magic bullet.  One has got to do the action steps too.  Fake-it till ya make it, is what I'm doing right not.  I know it's not easy, but I am not giving up, and you shouldn't either.  Know that better days are coming...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline mta214

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 01:54:55 PM »
I can assure you that you are NOT alone!  That's why this forum exists.  Are you in therapy?  If not, you may want to seriously consider it.  It sounds like your symptoms are pretty intense, so I do hope that you are being monitored regularly by a doctor.  Please keep posting so that you don't feel so alone!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: