Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pre-mature menopause?  (Read 148 times)

Offline Hypowoman90

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pre-mature menopause?
« on: December 06, 2013, 04:55:05 PM »
For months my period has been irregular. It started out as bleeding often. I had two periods a month. This happened to me spring of last year. I have the mirena IUD. They ran blood tests and I had an ultrasound. All my tests, including the test to check for the hormone found in menopausal women were clear and that was that....

Since it happened last year I decided to wait to see if it would go away. It did and I had a few regular periods. Then in September I noticed I was late. I was supposed to start my period on the 20th and it came on the 30th. Their next month  it came around the 5th and last month it cAme even later. Now it's December and I'm still waiting for my period to come. I am very worried I have menopause. Even though I have n  symptoms besides the weird periods.

When I checked my mirena during the beginning of this the string was in place.

I have always had very irregular periods. I even thought I had pre mature menopause before. But I ended up pregnant with my son. I had mirena inserted a few months later ( it was 2 years in April ). The only thing keeping me sane right now is the fact I have no other symptoms and the fact that I have hormonal  IUD which could be causing this.

Has anyone experienced this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pre-mature menopause?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 10:03:28 PM »
I've had a pretty wonky cycle such as yours before, but I was on the pill. So my situation might be a bit different because I don't know exactly how the IUD works with hormones and whatnot. BUT - I had been on it for an entire year when my periods started acting up a few months back. It had stopped me from having a period completely - didn't get one for about 5 months... then I started getting two a month... and it was just all over the place. Went to my OBGYN, and he said that sometimes our bodies basically "outgrow" the birth control, and switching types would fix the problem. Stress can also change your cycle. Weight change can change your cycle. So many things can send it out of whack, and people with irregular cycles anyways are especially prone to it. I quit taking the pill in October, and that stopped the double periods. I seem to be back on a regular cycle now after waiting over a month for it to come again. I'm not sure this helps at all, but that's all I've got to offer!
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Hypowoman90

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pre-mature menopause?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 04:15:22 PM »
Mirena just releases a constant but small amount of progesterone into your body.

Thanks for the  input.
Bookmark and Share