Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is this really all in my head?!?!  (Read 171 times)

Offline Bdml5

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this really all in my head?!?!
« on: December 06, 2013, 03:08:39 PM »
So I joined the forum yesterday. My chief complaint was my ongoing 4 month eye twitch and fears that it might be MS. This past week my calf has been twitching along with my inner thigh (same leg). In addition to the twitching my leg at times has felt weak (just in calf) and my foot has felt heavy and had pain. I really thought this was just sciatica which I did have when I was pregnant. However, as I was just walking up the stairs I got a sharp shooing pain in my calf. A couple of minutes later while washing my daughters hands as I went to dry mine my thumb felt like it had a cut on it. I started rubbing it to feel for the cut but there was no cut and within seconds my thumb and wrist got pins and needles. Only lasted for about 45 seconds but scared me! What the heck is going on?!?! How can I go from worrying about an annoying eye twitch to having all these other symptoms. Of course I really do hope this is anxiety. I have a first cousin the same age as me with MS and I see how she suffers. I am not making these symptoms up. I'm not perceiving pain. It's all real. I'm so upset, frightened and confused. Could this really just all be in my head?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenny09

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this really all in my head?!?!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 05:25:39 PM »
Yes with anxiety and HA especially we notice every single twitch and pang and it amplifies in our head and we start to panic, like fight or flight response and then that sensation can move all over our body's and symptoms can be very painful for some people. If you are truly concerned go see your doctor, hope you feel better soon
Bookmark and Share

Tags: