Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Law of attraction  (Read 885 times)

Offline mothmama

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Law of attraction
« on: December 06, 2013, 11:14:37 AM »
Hi everyone! I hope you all are having a great day full of joy and love and calm.

I'm wondering if anyone has attempted to or had success with applying the law of attraction to their anxiety. For those who are unfamiliar with what it's about, go to YouTube and search for Abraham Hicks. There are a ton of recordings there about using the power of positive emotion (aka vibrations) to attain things that you desire. You have probably also heard of the book/movie The Secret. It's basically the same thing. LOA says that what you put out, you get back. So negative thoughts bring more of the same. Positive ones help you move forward. I have heard it is possible to apply this to depression, anxiety, OCD, etc. I know it works for other things as I used it to make more money at work in the past (when I worked *sigh* lol). I was in sales and saw a direct result of prosperity stem from my prosperous attitude. The more momentum I gathered up, the more successful I was. I see it can definitely go both ways! The more we concentrate on anxiety, the more it seems to hang out like a bad fart.
This also seems to be in alignment with CBT and reshaping our thoughts to positive ones. Neither are an instant fix, but require practice and dedication to the desired result.

I am starting to envision myself going back to work, being successful, smiling, popular, adored, having fun, etc. It seems less scary every day.
I'm also keeping a gratitude journal, which helps me accept my current state in life.

How about you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
Re: Law of attraction
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 11:25:43 AM »
I would be careful to apply Law of Attraction theory with your physical health.  Anxiety disorders are a result of brain shrinkages around the hippocampus, which are often chronic and best treated with medication.  Applying Law of Attraction to manifesting money is one thing; however, applying Law of Attraction to fixing your physical health is another.  My reason is you are trying to use your mind to play doctor to your physical health.  That's dangerous.

Since you're familiar with Abraham-Hicks, you may want to do additional research on Jerry Hicks.  He was the founding father of the Abraham-Hicks franchise.   He applied his understanding of Law of Attraction to manage his physical health, and did not have success.   

Jerry Hicks did seem to apply Law of Attraction well when it came to financial freedom, however, my belief is he did not apply Law of Atttaction theory well to physical health. 

I also think the whole new age self help book market makes misleading comments on physical health, where followers try to use their minds to fix all their health issues, which are best treated through the intervention of a medical doctor.  So Jerry Hicks was not the only one who followed this misintepreted understanding of replacing mind theory over physical health, at all costs.

I hope you reconsider applying LOA theory as a cure for your anxiety disorder.
Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Offline mothmama

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 09:42:52 AM »
Seriously, no medical doctor has ever been able to do more than prescribe pills that are either full of side effects or are highly addictive. The chemical imbalance theory has no basis in fact; it's largely perpetuated by drug companies. Perhaps this shrinking of the hippocampus is because of anxiety, not the cause of it. But then again, there have been numerous stories posted here about people healing themselves with the power of positive thinking, and therapy techniques (CBT, EMDR, DBT, ACT, etc have been proven effective in many studies).

Bookmark and Share

Offline leticiaperales74

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 03:01:32 AM »
I agree the no meds technique and therapy has worked out for me. being on meds always made me sick and imbalanced. I will never again look to prescribtion drugs as method of healing.
Bookmark and Share