Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!!! I hate this  (Read 220 times)

Offline Copgrl8

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!!! I hate this
« on: December 05, 2013, 10:59:33 PM »
I posted a couple days ago about the feeling of a lump in my throat ... It's been 3 days and it's not getting any better actually it seems worse ..... I am freaking myself out big time!!!
I swear my throat is closing.   I have to force myself to swallow.  I'm so scared right now.  And now I have like a burning feeling in my throat. 
I'm trying to keep calm but it's not working.  I keep trying to remind myself that there's nothing there but I am in full blown panic mode.  OMG I hate this!!!!   

How long has anyone had this last?
Bookmark and Share

Offline M_T_A

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!!! I hate this
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 11:03:11 PM »
Have you seen your PCP yet? what did they say?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Copgrl8

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 11:09:13 PM »
I actually went to the ER for this about 5 weeks ago.   The ENT did a scope up my nose to look down my throat and all was totally normal.   Just a little redness from my acid reflux.
But I can't convince myself that right now. 

I'm in my room on tears ...... :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline hjenna

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 11:29:57 PM »
I have this too, I have had it for almost four months. And I also went to the ER for it twice in the beginning. It's horrible! I take acid reflux pills daily and I actually have an endoscopy appointment on Tuesday. Still not sure if this is a acid thing or anxiety.

You just need to stay calm. What I found that helps me most is continuing to remind myself that they looked down my throat with a camera and there was nothing there. Even though it feels as if your throat is closing, it won't close! Keeping your mind off of it also helps by keeping busy. I used to always think about it ALL day long and my throat would feel like it was closing up- scary! I tried not focusing on it and it isn't so bad anymore.

Also, were you prescribed anything for the acid reflux? I was prescribed Protonix, I think it also helped a little. We can do this  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Copgrl8

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 11:46:41 PM »
I have this too, I have had it for almost four months. And I also went to the ER for it twice in the beginning. It's horrible! I take acid reflux pills daily and I actually have an endoscopy appointment on Tuesday. Still not sure if this is a acid thing or anxiety.

You just need to stay calm. What I found that helps me most is continuing to remind myself that they looked down my throat with a camera and there was nothing there. Even though it feels as if your throat is closing, it won't close! Keeping your mind off of it also helps by keeping busy. I used to always think about it ALL day long and my throat would feel like it was closing up- scary! I tried not focusing on it and it isn't so bad anymore.

Also, were you prescribed anything for the acid reflux? I was prescribed Protonix, I think it also helped a little. We can do this  :yes:

What did they tell you in the ER?
My husband tells me if my throat was closing ... It would be closed by now ... Lol
It's been 3 days.
I try to keep myself busy and not think about it and it will work for a little bit but like now I'm in bed getting ready to go to sleep and I swear I'm gonna stop breathing in my sleep.

Yes I been on meds for a while now for my acid reflux.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hjenna

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 12:26:28 AM »
The first time I went they didn't know what was wrong, so they just diagnosed me with Dysphagia. Second time was in the middle of a panic attack so they just told me I was having anxiety. (This was after they checked everything and it seemed like I was completely fine) I also was and sometimes still afraid to go to sleep. The ENT didn't see anything blocking your airway so don't worry! (I know it's hard too) I just tried my best to think about anything else other than my throat. Breathing exercises/ meditation/ soothing music right before I go to bed actually helps a lot! It helps me relax and makes it easier to fall asleep. I hope you have a good night!
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 05:25:01 AM »
Sounds like a globus sensation. You can read more about it in one of the stickies on this board.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Andrea24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 06:02:17 AM »
Hi there :-)

I have experienced this, too. It feels like I have a lump and that the lump is restricting my airway. It can be very scary. I have not had any tests done yet--as I am trying to trust that it is anxiety. But hang in there. We have to take it one day at a time.
Bookmark and Share
~I have found intelligence and success to be hazardous~

Tags: