Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Introduce  (Read 64 times)

Offline Marwan595

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introduce
« on: December 05, 2013, 06:46:06 PM »
Hi everyone. Um this is my first time doing this. I'm 19 years old and from Egypt. Recently moved countries for university. I had no idea what panic attacks were until I went to my GP and told him of symptoms I was feeling lately and he diagnosed me with it. I haven't felt stressed but he seems to think it could be subconscious stress. After careful consideration I realised there were a few factors that perhaps triggered this: my sister was diagnosed with cancer during summer and it's been an incredibly emotional time for me. I live in dorms which is an hour away from where she and my family stay at. I see her every weekend but I never want to leave her. I'm constantly thinking about her and praying for her and it's just all very stressful and emotional. What's worse is if I feel this ***** I can't even imagine how she feels. I've just moved countries so obviously I haven't really had people to talk to and in fact, despite how exciting university life is supposed to be, i ended up being very anti social. I've only recently realised how much the stress is actually my fault. I'm used to being surrounded by a circle of people who have loved me and i've known for 8 years. So i realised that i haven't really given the people here a chance and i've shunned myself from everyone and all possible fun where i perhaps could of released my stress. This is the second factor. That and me being homesick. I've been reading a lot about my condition and it's quite relaxing understanding it all that it's almost silly. I've tried breathing techniques and even gave hypnotherapy a shot. Lately i've been feeling better but it comes and goes.

I'm just here to help anyone I can and hope to relate to people and people to relate to me. I feel like people nowadays, especially us, don't talk or express our emotions enough and so that's how our stress builds up until it ends up causing panic attacks and anxiety. I hope to motivate people and for people to motivate me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introduce
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 07:24:39 PM »
Hello Marwan,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. The chat room is also a great tool for members 18 years and older once you have made 3 meaningful posts.

It sounds like you are going through a lot right now with moving, school and your sister.  I truly hope that your sister will be okay and beat the cancer.  It is understandable that you would  be going through all the panic and anxiety right now.  Try to accept that having anxiety facing this would be normal for anyone.  I hope you are able to get involved with the fun that is to be had at college.  I loved being in college and I had the best time.  I met many life long friends there and also my husband.  Don't let fear and anxiety rob you of that experience.  It is also a great way to cope with college life and releive stress like you mentioned.  I hope you find some help and support here on the forum.  Good luck.

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: