Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New and freaking out! Please help!  (Read 211 times)

Offline Bdml5

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New and freaking out! Please help!
« on: December 05, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »
Hi. Okay after lurking for the past month I finally have decided to post. I have never officially been diagnosed with anxiety but I really feel that I have it, primarily health anxiety. It's always something and thankfully it's usually nothing. However I feel like my luck is up. I went through a really stressful period in January of this year while waiting genetic test results (for once a real situation). I thankfully was negative but it took two months for results and it was an excruciating wait. After Feb. Life got pretty calm. I mean I have two kids so it's never stress free. I had a couple of health anxieties this summer but they were all in my head. A lot of worrying for nothing. However during a calm period my right upper eyelid started twitching. I had had this before for a day or two so no big deal. Except it didn't go away. It wasn't all day long, but it was everyday without fail. After two and a half months I decided tondo the dreaded Google. Well I read that it could be many things but the two that have me frightened are MS and Hemifacial Spasm. Shortly after reading this my lower lid started to twitch a little and I occasionally feel a tingle or numb feeling in the lower lid. In addition I started getting a twitch on the side of my nose. I went to see my GP who took it seriously. Did blood, all perfect. Sent me to opthomologist. Eye is perfect didn't like the sound of three months of twitching. Sent me to neuroopthomogist. He checked eyes and said they were great. Can't say 100% that it's not one of the "bad" conditions I fear but didn't feel that it was and felt that it was likely anxiety and told me not to worry. He is sending me for an MRI. It is now a little over 4 months of this everyday twitching. I've tried Klonopin .25 or .5. It does nothing. I tried tonic water, vitamins, bananas...you name it. I  terrified. And now I am obsessing over it. Has anyone experienced this? I see eye twitching on here but I have not seen the under eyelid tingling or nose twitch. I'm so afraid to go for the MRI and hear MS or hemifacial spasm. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Oh and I sleep great, am in good health and so not drink caffeine. Am I a worrier...obviously.
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New and freaking out! Please help!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 06:09:19 PM »
Hi Bdml5,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. The chat room is also a great tool for members 18 years and older once you have made 3 meaningful posts.

I have had twitching of my upper and lower eyes lids pretty constantly for awhile, and I know that it is anxiety.  I see an opthamologist regularly for glaucoma and have spoken to him about it and he said that it is common with people with stress and anxiety.  I am glad that your doctors have taken your concerns seriously and you should go for the MRI.  However once that comes back clear, you are going to want to work on accepting that the twitching is nothing more than anxiety and it won't hurt you.  Acceptance and trusting your doctors is the only way I have found to get some peace from the health anxiety and GAD and panic.  I hope you are able to find the help and support you need here. Good luck.

Again welcome to our community.

Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline Bdml5

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 09:34:35 PM »
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I really am going to take your advice. Praying that the MRI comes back clean and when it does I'm moving on. I think if I  told its anxiety and that the MRI doesn't show any signs of an illness I will be able to not focus and obsess on the twitching. This is a great forum and I really appreciate the openness of others. It has been comforting and helpful. Thank you again for your reply.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Emski1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 01:29:19 PM »
Hi there i to have left eye that twitches everyday i was really worried about but then i noticed it was just before i got really anxious i.e sweaty hands etc i too have had an mri it came back clear but because of pins and needles etc in my head i still get worried its something else even though it isnt i guess its what you call a catch 22 situation but good luck and keep me posted x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Harmonium

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 11:43:32 PM »
I also suffer from the fear of having MS. It's so miserable to worry all of the time, when you just want to live your life I have tingling and chills. The tingling used to go across the left side of my face and jaw. My lower back tingles. Also, I get something between a shock and a tickle that sends chills through my legs. I had an MRI. It was clean. I wish that would have taken all of my fears away. I'm still working on that. I've been guaranteed that it's all anxiety related. I started suffering after having a traumatic c section.

I feel for you. Try reading Hope and Help For Your Nerves. It does a good job of explaining how we perpetuate our symptoms by staying afraid of them. Good luck with everything! I hope that your clean MRI gives you peace of mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline irishmick

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 12:35:11 PM »
hello, I too have my eyes twitch and I didn't think anything of it until I read your post. that helps a lot in finding out all the ticks of anxiety. I never new. mick
Bookmark and Share

Offline alexthegreat98

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 11:26:08 AM »
Hi, I have been going through the same thing. I have suffered from anxiety for 3 years, but have dealing with the "twitching" since January of 2012. Usually it travels around, but since my cold two weeks ago my left eye has been twitching ever since. While I don't feel anxious much right now my eye continues to twitch. I really don't know how to proceed....
Bookmark and Share