Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Postpartum anxiety  (Read 132 times)

Offline Harmonium

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Postpartum anxiety
« on: December 05, 2013, 06:18:26 AM »
Hello
I'm new to posting. It's not easy for me to open up totally about this, even online, but here goes. I am a mother of 2. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. 7 months ago I was diagnosed with postpartum anxiety. I now realize that I've suffered from anxiety most of my life, just not as intensely. The panic started immediately after a traumatic c-section. I also had a spinal fluid leak that resulted in serious pain/fear. There was trouble finding a diagnosis for the spinal headache that resulted. I spent 5 very scared days. After being diagnosed with the spinal fluid leak, I was fixed up promptly ready to go on my way. However, over the next few months I started having thoughts that something else was wrong. I went through thinking I had blood clots, meningitis, cancer etc.  And then, got really really focused on ms. I get chills/tingling and itches randomly and during times of anxiety. The random is the worst as it triggers the most intrusive thoughts. I've been cleared by a neurologist but am still afraid that something else is wrong. I've been through therapy, acupuncture, meditation, yoga and supplements. I was doing better and have taken a little turn for the worse. I'm scared I will ever be normal again. I'm angry and sad. I'm ready to fight with all that I have. I want to be well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Postpartum anxiety
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 07:45:45 AM »
Hello Harmonium,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Harmonium, there are many, many people here at Anxiety Zone, that also struggle with HA, or health anxiety.  I am sure you will find help and support here.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 07:44:02 PM »
Hello, Harmonium!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that you're definitely not alone. I struggle with health anxiety as well and am always *sure* that there is something wrong with me. It's a terrible fear to have, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Here's hoping that we both find the support here that we need to help us get on the right track!
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Bdml5

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 09:40:19 PM »
Hang in there. After a traumatic VBAC I was convinces I had destroyed my body and harmed my baby. It took a long time for me to stop feeling things with body that simply didn't exist. I truly was manifesting physical symptoms simply by thinking about them. Magically as soon as I had a "real" health scare all of my postpartum symptoms went away. It also helped that my daughter got older and I could see that she was okay. What you eke through was scary. Once the doctors tell you that you are healthy you have to trust them and try to relax. Enjoy this time with your children. I feel like I wasted so much precious worrying.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Harmonium

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 10:30:52 PM »
Thank you guys for the reply. It does help to not feel alone. The worry does feel like a huge waste of time. I'm hoping it will be a distant memory in the future.
Bookmark and Share