Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New Here and Losing It/Tailbone Pain/Cancer  (Read 279 times)

Offline elena175

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New Here and Losing It/Tailbone Pain/Cancer
« on: December 04, 2013, 06:11:24 PM »
Hello!  I am Elena. I am new here, however, I have been reading for many years and have gained a lot of strength and support in that way.  What's even funnier is that I'm a psychologist and have no idea how to handle my own anxieties/emotions.  I have been like many of you, with many different diagnoses and symptoms, certain I was going to die.  I am in the midst of yet another attack.  For two days I had blood in my stool...went to the doctor, diagnosed with hemorrhoids and referred on to general surgeon for further inspection.  I was a mess when I got there and they handled me with kid gloves for the most part, except the nurse who came in and told me that because of my symptoms I needed a colonoscopy (I am terrified of all things medical, especially needles).  When the doctor came in, he confirmed hems and gave me a script for some suppositories, told me I needed to try to clear up the longstanding constipation with fiber and water, and to check back in 6 weeks to see if things have improved.  If they haven't, colonoscopy time.  Which I'm fine with, if blood would go on that long I would be more than happy to do so.  Anyway, the blood has been gone now for as long as I had it. At least what I can see.  It was probably the hems got all jacked up and bled, but my mind refuses to believe its that simple.  In my mind, I am DYING.  My life is OVER.  This time is DIFFERENT. I am 32 years old and have a small child and I just KNOW that this time I'm right and I'm going to have to leave this world and my son at such a young age.  I'm super depressed.  No one understands me.  Please help me.

Oh, and I want to note I've had persistent tailbone pain for a year and a half and now I'm certain it's connected to my imminent diagnosis of colorectal cancer.  Or even worse, metsasticized. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Here and Losing It/Tailbone Pain/Cancer
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 11:37:41 PM »
Go and get the colonoscopy to reassure and ease your mind.

And as for the tailbone pain - exactly how old is your son? I'm a doula (a woman who assist women through natural labor and delivery) and a broken tailbone is EXTREMELY common during labor and delivery. Most of the time you don't realize it's happening (especially if you've had an epidural), and the doctor doesn't either. There's nothing you can do for it, really, so docs just ignore it anyway.

If it's worrying you, also ask your doc for an xray. Simple procedure, and they'll be able to see if anything is going on :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 08:17:58 AM »
I would talk to your doctor about all of your symptoms and concerns.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline elena175

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »
I am really torn on the Colonoscopy because my very first fear is doctors and anything medical.  Since it is so invasive I do tend to think going the conservative route first is the right thing to do, however, that doesn't ease my anxiety.  If that would come back clear, I would just move on to the next thing.  When does it stop?   

My son is 5 and the pain started probably 1.5 years ago.  I did lose a lot of weight in between his delivery and the time it started hurting.  I have had x-rays, they show nothing (but constipation).  I've been told I sit too much at my job/in my car and that I don't have enough cushion, basically.  It hurts the worst on days when I have to sit a lot.  I also google way too much...EVERYTHING ends in cancer on google. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: