Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Peeing ALL THE TIME  (Read 186 times)

Offline Mom21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Peeing ALL THE TIME
« on: December 04, 2013, 05:32:05 PM »
This is a problem my mom is having, but it's putting my anxiety through the roof. She has to go to the bathroom constantly. She hardly drinks anything because she is always in the bathroom as it is. She wakes up in the night having to go and says it's worse when she wears jeans as opposed to loose pants. She is in no pain and says its more annoying than anything.

She went to the doctor today. No UTI, all was fine. She was told to drink water, cranberry juice, and take vitamin C. If it doesn't get better she will be referred to a urologist.

I lost my dad a few years ago from cancer while I was pregnant. I just found out I am pregnant again and am on edge wondering if this will happen to my mom this time.

She isn't worried, however I am terrified for her. All I can think is that this is some type of cancer. I envision her having a tumor that is pushing on her bladder. The doctor didn't feel around, order an ultrasound, or anything. Am I overreacting here? What else could it be? Could there be a simple reason for this?

Thanks for any help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 202
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Peeing ALL THE TIME
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 05:37:20 PM »
How old is your mom?  My mom started this as well when she got older....she always had the feeling of needing to go, would go but not a lot of pee.  She was told the same....to drink more water, juice etc.  It actually worked!!  Now she does not go as often and when she goes, she really goes and must be emptying her bladder.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Peeing ALL THE TIME
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 05:38:31 PM »
I urinate quite a bit myself and always have. It does not pay to speculate as it may only be temporary.
There are many benign issues that can cause the problem, so if it persists for her, the urologist will be able to
tell her answers. It is also understandable that you are worried after the passing of your father, but just because
he passed away from cancer, does not mean she will also. I have lost my mother, father, uncle and a pet within a
years time and it was not something I would wish on anyone.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: