Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: muscular dystrophy.....  (Read 202 times)

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
muscular dystrophy.....
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »
So I woke up feeling fine, and my last test came in online for my MS scare a few weeks ago and it was creatine. It was a urine test. My creatine level was 17.6 and normal is 20.0-370.0 mg/d I do drink almost half a gallon of water a day.. so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, and I dont have MD in my family.. But my anxiety is now telling me that it all makes sense now.. The weakness, muscle twitching, my heart beating fast, that now I have MD.. Im seriously done at this point  :( I know how this is gonna go.. I am going to be depressed and anxious for the next few months waiting for myself to just collapse.. Depressed isn't even the word to describe how I feel now right now..  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
Re: muscular dystrophy.....
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 03:19:16 PM »
I know this sounds ludacris guys but do those results sound normal to you? My doctor had to of approved them before they could appear online, and I guess he would of called me if he was concerned.. I sent him a message.. I told my dad I'm dying of muscular dystrophy and he laughed so hard he started crying.. I wish I could be normal, and just laugh things off like that.. But I seriously believe by this time next year I will be in a wheel chair with a ventilator.. Stuff like that is what causes my anxiety.. It makes me not want to do the things I use to do because I just say.. yeah.. why would I want to go do that when I just have muscular dystrophy eating my muscles away.. There is no point. I think I need to see a psychiatrist I think.. Because this has slowly been consuming my life for the past year, and I am becoming a entire different person. I don't even recognize myself anymore.. After high school I was a United States Marine, I passed the crucible, but I eventually hurt my knee very bad in training, and they discharged me.. No malice or anything, it happens to a lot of people.. Back then I felt invincible.. I had a overwhelming sense of self worth, purpose, and confidence, and thought I new who i was.. The years after that, some things happened in my life, which eventually manifested into my heart, and I have slowly transformed into a guy who thinks he has muscular dystrophy and MS and ALS.... WTF is that about? I seriously hate who I have become.. Not trying to get all emo, but seriously. What is my deal? Talk about a downward decline. I feel like I am on a VH1 documentary about former child stars, then and now edition.. I'd probably be in the nut house if I didn't have the greatest family and girlfriend in the world.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline utahguy058

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 03:35:58 PM »
Hey skim. Do you mind giving symptoms that you have experienced. I am curious. Also, I relate to the entire not knowing who they were. I used to run at least 4 miles a day, and run half marathons and climb mountains and ski and mountain bike and rock climb, then these symptoms and anxiety happened and now I am basically a prisoner to my home when not working. I can't believe that this is my life, it is very depressing, but as an anxiety sufferer I have been here before and know that I did come out of it and no question you will as well! As for MD, you have exactly zero chance. I mean zero. You would of had very elevated creatine levels in your blood. You do not fit this criteria at all. Also most MD is onset at a young age, very very few is in adult past your early 20's at the latest. I see zero chance for MD, absolutely none. I have worked with people who had MD and trust me, you do not have it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline darrinsgal

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »
Hi I am new here, but I felt the need to answer you in regards to Muscular Dystrophy. My father has had MD since I was a young girl. MD is very pronounced. His early symptoms were constant and he knew something was very wrong. He had normal lab work and all. He fell all the time for no reason and could NOT get up without help at all. This was the only symptoms he had early on. I don't think you have anything worry about. I just wanted to reassure you.  Only after specific MD testing was he finally diagnosed. I hope that helps. I have very severe health anxiety so I can relate.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kj94702

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 10:22:44 PM »
Sorry Skim....I have some good news and some bad news for you.

The good news: I have to agree with Utah on this one. You don't have MD.

The bad news: You are a really talented, creative and imaginative hypo that can diagnose yourself with almost anything based on almost any test. Drawing the MD conclusion from your LOW creatine test is like concluding you have HIV because you had a negative herpes test. It makes no sense. You are going to have to find something else to worry about.....I heard Parkinson's is popular around here. Maybe you could try that out? (just kidding, of course). 
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 01:28:19 AM »
Well, I believe everyone. And thanks for the replies.. I know this post is about as crazy as if I posted I had ebola.. I've calmed down since this morning.  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: