Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Treatment update  (Read 119 times)

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Treatment update
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:45:25 PM »
I had my follow-up appointment w the psychiatrist today. I've been tolerating the Lexapro so far, so we'll continue that. Yesterday was my first day on the therapeutic dose, so I'm hoping the next month goes quickly so I can see if it's going to benefit me. I see her back in a month, and also have my annual physical with my family doc next month.

I am also now scheduled to see a therapist at the office. My insurance initially didn't cover that office, but they put in an appeal. So my insurance agreed to cover them for a year, which is great. My first therapy appointment is December 18. I don't like that therapy/doc spots are taking so much time......pulling me away from work and my family. I feel badly about that but I know at this point I can't do this on my own. I am hoping  this initial time investment will make me a better wife, mother, employee, in the long run.
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Treatment update
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 02:13:35 PM »
Hi AM...  Thanks for posting your update!  So glad to hear that you are tolerating the Lexapro, and that your insurance is going to help cover treatment sessions too.  Your post has me wondering...  So often, I think our lives revolve around doing for others.  You mentioned being a better spouse, mom, and a better employee too.  I think that we can get so busy doing for others, that we don't take care of ourselves.  Then we wonder why we, of all people, come down with health problems.  Don't forget to take care of yourself.  Your treatment is there for your well being, and in turn, you will be there for others.  The very best to you...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Treatment update
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:57:12 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts. I do want to get better for myself...I just have a lot of guilt for being this way/taking so much time for treatment. Something to discuss w the therapist I guess. Lol
Bookmark and Share

Tags: