Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I'm back with the dumbest worry ever, cancer of the eye.  (Read 156 times)

Offline jenkyleg

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
I'm back with the dumbest worry ever, cancer of the eye.
« on: December 04, 2013, 11:18:40 AM »
Hi guys. Been a while. I tried to stay away from this site during my most anxiety-ridden moments and it seemed to help tremendously. I DO have something I recently started obsessing over, though: cancer of the eye. I read some stuff about it a couple days ago and started to worry, so I checked my eyeballs last night for spots or smudges last night "just to be sure" (should ring a bell with other HAers.) Lo and behold, on my left eye, I have a small, well-defined, grayish, circular...spot? in the upper-right white of my eye. Maybe the size of a speck of dust, only it isn't dust, I checked. My other eye is spot-free, leaving me kind of worried. I know eyeball cancer is EXTREMELY rare, but...someone care to relate to me here? I've injured this eye a couple times over the years. Could it be a scar? No idea, kind of worried.

Otherwise okay. How are you guys?
Bookmark and Share

Offline japheree

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm back with the dumbest worry ever, cancer of the eye.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »
I have one of those in both eyes! At least I think I do given your description. I wear glasses so I get my eyes checked fairly regularly and no one has mentioned eye cancer to me.

I had a really dumb worry a few weeks ago and I am trying to use that as a weapon against my HA (a kind of exemplar of how ridiculous HA can be).
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenkyleg

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm back with the dumbest worry ever, cancer of the eye.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 10:08:16 PM »
Thanks for your response japheree. It's really hard to see unless you're way up close, and I can't see it unless I go to the mirror and TRY to find it. I've heard eyeball cancer doesn't typically show up randomly in the white of your eye like that, and that it's usually way closer to the iris/retina if you have it, but still...ugh. Of all the things to worry about, right?

Anyone else have anything similar?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: