Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Crippled by my HA- female issues  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Crippled by my HA- female issues
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 09:21:26 PM »
I'm right there with you and feel your pain... It's good to know about the HPV test, as far as I know, I've never tested positive for it (assuming they would have told me years ago) hopefully the odds are in my favor that I have only been with my husband of 28 years!

I keep telling myself to calm down, I don't really have any symptoms of anything bad other than 2 slightly early periods which seem to be normal at my age but my fear creeps right back in paralyzing me. I'm convinced that there's no way everything is fine when I haven't been checked in so long.

Do you get your paps every year? I've seen SO much about woman our age spotting due to us ovulating less often. I'm sure that googling isn't helping your nerves much.. I can't google.. I stick to sites like this for reassurance. I'm sending you good thoughts for the outcome of your tests. Be proud that you were brave enough to go.. I'm thinking seriously about canceling this appointment! Lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 09:25:35 PM »
Ceh1354- thanks again for your help... I am absolutely a shell of myself right now and not able to function as a human being...sigh..

If I can ask.. What finally made you go to the Dr?

Believe me.. My hiney will be back getting a pap every single year no matter what the new guidelines are! Lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 13
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 09:36:01 PM »
Ooohh, believe me, I have been crippled by this and other things. I know the feeling and it's horrible.

I had some other issues, relating to constipation and a couple other things. I don't want to go into detail because I don't want to put anything else into your head to worry about! LOL. it didn't have anything to do with periods. I didn't even want to make the phone call, but I knew I had to if I wanted answers, and to get myself up to date on paps would be a plus.  :happy0151:

Oh, I know! I said the same thing about going every year, and so it is almost time for me to make another appointment. Aye!  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 09:24:20 PM »
Well, had my pap today.. I was feeling really good about everything until the Dr. Said that I have a blood vessel (apparently the vessel that produces the mucus plug when about to give birth) in my cervix. Something like a cyst. I asked if anything needed to be done and was given a simple "no". She also said that the opening to my cervix was a pin hole most likely from never giving birth ( I've had 2 c sections) . When I asked if everything looked generally ok, she said " I think so" but seemed a bit evasive of my questions. I'm too scared to google.

I almost feel like, by telling me these things, she was setting me up for bad news by mentioning that it could be from this or this....I don't think this is my HA talking, it's just the feeling of evasiveness that I got when asking questions..

Results should be back by Monday and until then I will be a complete mess.. Ugh!
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 11:59:20 PM »
Stay strong. We HAers have the tendency to read too deeply into what our doctors say. I've run into this issue a few times and ended up worrying about nothing. It's possible she didn't mean to come off like that and wasn't "setting you up" for bad news. I was super anxious about my pap as well, and I asked my GYN if everything looked okay, and his response was, "I didn't see anything grossly abnormal." Meaning that he didn't see anything glaringly wrong but that doesn't mean there's absolutely nothing because he won't know until he got the pap results. So I worried for days because of how he said that.... BUT, my pap was normal! She can't give you an absolute answer, but she wouldn't be saying that she thought so if she thought there was a good cause for concern.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 05:54:27 AM »
Thank you.. That helps.

I'm trying to blame my HA for my feelings on this but something still doesn't feel right. I guess I wonder why it was even necessary to tell me that my cervix has a pin-hole opening. I sort of feel like it was her way of getting it out there that the whole area was thickened but because she knew how anxious I was, said it could be from never giving birth.
Sometimes I feel like they with hold information to people like us to keep us from freaking out until the tests come back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 07:41:01 AM »
Hi there,
I just want to add that - because I am going through major anxiety about being afraid of having uterine cancer - I have been googling and found that women who have never given birth vaginally can have a very closed cervix. Perhaps that's why yours is a "pin hole."
Also, my 91 year old father did not go to a doctor, dentist, eye doctor, or any kind of medical person for the three years my mother was ill. After she passed, I made all these medical appointments for him, sure that at his age, he must have something wrong with him since he hadn't been to a doctor in 3 years. It turned out he was fine - his eyesight is better than mine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 10:12:03 AM »
You are a stronger woman than me if you can google! I have to keep to searching boards like this one to keep from freaking myself out ;-)

I know she mentioned that no vaginal births can cause a closed cervix but are you saying that you are finding that it is a symptom of the c word??
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 11:35:25 AM »
I don't think she meant it as a symptom. Just that it was something she came across while researching. That is definitely not a symptom I have heard of, and I have googled cervical c thoroughly over months after having an abnormal pap.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 12:34:37 PM »
Thank you Stephtronic.. Your replies have been helping me deal with this nightmare...

I did some "selective" googling and see that a closed cervix is pretty normal for woman my age and even more so because I have never had a vaginal birth so I'm feeling better about that part anyway.

I'm trying so hard to let this go but I don't believe I have ever had this kind of intense fear my entire life. I've lost 5 lbs in about a week from not eating.. I'm not getting any work done and my house is a wreck because I just can't focus on anything.. Poor hubby says he's getting worried about me. The one thing that I keep focusing on is that before my Dr did the pap, she told me that the urine of someone with CC normally has cells in it and smells horrible and that mine was perfect.. A silver lining I suppose.

The biggest reason I am so fearful is ONLY because I have neglected to have a pap in SO long.. The Dr told me that newest guidelines are actually 3-5 years which helped with my anxiety but you can bet that she will see my face every single year after this nightmare!

I have no clue how I will get through the next few days and I don't even want to THINK about answering the phone on Monday but I guess I have no other choice than to endure this hell...
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything