Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyone else get night tremors after falling asleep?  (Read 178 times)

Offline javajoe

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does anyone else get night tremors after falling asleep?
« on: December 04, 2013, 04:49:25 AM »
So I've been to the Neurologist three times in the last two months.

Had an MRI on October 16 and came back normal - no MS - my Neuro ruled that out despite my multitude of aches, pains, burning sensations, and numbness/tingling.

My latest and newest symptoms are now tremors, and they're worse at night especially when trying to rest. My last visit two days ago, I asked my Neuro about Parkinson's, but he immediately said my tremors are not Parkinson tremors, nor do any of my symptoms give him any reason to think I would be developing Parkinson's.

However, these tremors are really starting to freak me out, especially when I wake up in the middle of the night because my legs, arms, and even my jaw will jerk or jolt - they literally wake me up.

Anyone else have this?

Bookmark and Share

Offline M_T_A

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone else get night tremors after falling asleep?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 09:09:04 AM »
Yup! The sudden jerk that you feel is called a "hypnotic jerk" and occurs with over 70% of the world population. Lately i have been having night "internal tremors" like someone stuck a cell phone on vibrate and someone just keeps calling it over and over. I have been told its caused by stress and anxiety.

Here is a pretty big tip that i got from my doctor and the nurse when i was worried about tremors in my hand when ever i squeeze something tight: MS is not bi-lateral. Meaning it doesn't occur in both hands, both legs, both feet etc...its spotty. Remember the doctor went to many many years of med school in a specialty field that LITERALLY is designed to test for these diseases, if he said you dont have MS or Parkinsons...i would believe him. It's not like when you leave he says to the secretary "hey that guy had MS and i just sent him on his way! teehee!" No. He/they want to help you, its their passion and their job.

I actually have an appt when a neuro for the first time tomorrow and im a little nervous, but after reading everything on this forum and getting support from its members every "symptom" that i have is on the list for anxiety, plus ive already been diagnosed with anxiety so it all makes sense, just need peace of mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone else get night tremors after falling asleep?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 09:38:25 AM »
Why do you open a new topic every time about the same problem? Please try and get some help for your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: