Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Throat issues  (Read 150 times)

Offline Copgrl8

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Throat issues
« on: December 03, 2013, 06:51:52 PM »
My anxiety has been pretty good recently... Starting last night I have that same feeling again like there is something stuck in my throat and it's hard to swollow. 
I almost feel like I have phlem stuck in my throat but when I try to cough to clear my throat nothing comes up. 
I know logically there isn't anything there but I'm starting to panic.

How common is this?   Anyone else get this often. 
I need to do domething to reassure myself!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline utahguy058

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Throat issues
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 07:06:30 PM »
You know that I am dealing with this too. I am right now, and I have to admit it gets worse as my anxiety gets worse. More of a lump in the throat feeling. This is hard to deal with, I know. We are here for you. I can't imagine it being anything serious. Especially if this is your only symptom. At worst it is a little acid reflux, at best it is anxiety. My bet is anxiety. However if you need some extra reassurance you could just go see a doctor to get that peace of mind. However I wouldn't be concerned. I am sure you are fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Copgrl8

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 07:49:54 PM »
You know that I am dealing with this too. I am right now, and I have to admit it gets worse as my anxiety gets worse. More of a lump in the throat feeling. This is hard to deal with, I know. We are here for you. I can't imagine it being anything serious. Especially if this is your only symptom. At worst it is a little acid reflux, at best it is anxiety. My bet is anxiety. However if you need some extra reassurance you could just go see a doctor to get that peace of mind. However I wouldn't be concerned. I am sure you are fine.

The funny thing is I went to the ER for this and the ENT on call did that thing with the scope up my nose to look down my throat and everything was FINE!!!  ( about 6 weeks ago )
He told me it's very common, with people with acid reflux which I have.  He says he sees it in his office at least 3x a day. 

But with having HA it still scares me so much.   Even though I was told there is nothing wrong!!!
OMG!   I just hate this
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 202
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:07:58 PM »
I'm thinking the same thing....either a bit of reflux or another anxiety symptom......something that works for me is warm peppermint tea.  Very soothing and seems to help open up the sinuses and the throat and just plain ole feel nice going down!  Give it a shot!
Bookmark and Share

Offline utahguy058

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 12:22:57 AM »
I just went to the ER and had him look at my throat, and he said it was post nasal drip, but nothing wrong with it. So of course my thoughts are, well it's because of nerve related issues and that is where it is coming from, so you can't see it. So my  muscles are going to stop working cause it is nerve related. Man HA, this is the worst. I was told that I have to get into a therapist tomorrow though. So I am going to call up.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: