Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Chronic aches and pains? Can this be stress?  (Read 241 times)

Online bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Chronic aches and pains? Can this be stress?
« on: December 03, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »
I constantly feel like I have a fever, but when I take my temperature it's completely normal. Every. Single. Time. I feel constant body aches. Not necessarily fatigue because I have motivation to do things, but I'm achy all the time. I'm 26 years old and feel like I'm 46! When I crawl into bed at night it feels like my whole body is throbbing. This is making my lymphoma fear worse as I know constant body aches and lower back pain (which I also have for the past few weeks) are signs of lymphoma. *sigh*
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chronic aches and pains? Can this be stress?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »
Anxiety can most definitely cause you too feel warm and the whole body to ache.  I have these symptoms often.  The warm feeling is mainly caused by the adrenaline according to my therapist.  With anxiety the body releases adrenaline and stress hormones that can make you feel warm and also make the muscles ache.  Tension as well can lead to the muscle aches. I know when my anxiety is lower, and I am coping better these symptoms decrease or even stop including the low back pain.   

If it really gets to be too worrying see your doctor, but yes anxiety can cause all this.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Online bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 07:07:55 PM »
Saw the doctor today. He told me that my HA is out of control and no matter what he tells me at this point, I'm going to think otherwise. He does believe that my body aches could be caused by depression/anxiety and muscle tension.

So...yeah. IDK. Wondering if anyone else has this? I asked him why I have body aches if I'm on amitriptyline, which is prescribed for things like chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. He said that I'm on a very low dose, but just by talking to me, he feels that I'm seriously clinically depressed. I concur.

So he's upping my amitriptyline dosage to 25mg at night. We'll see if that helps!

He did say that SOMETHING would've shown up in the last couple of months with all of the testing I've had if I had lymphoma. I've had the following tests since September:

3 CBCs
3 Metabolic panels
Chest xray
Abdominal xray
Abdominal ultrasound
Colonoscopy
Stool cultures

So he said that if I had lymphoma, my CBC would be off. I told him that I've read you can have normal CBC with lymphoma, he said "yes, but not the CBC w/diff. The lymphocytes would be extremely high. You can have normal, high, or even low white blood cell counts, but your lymphocytes would be really really high, and yours were completely normal".

So I'm taking that to heart tonight. Please, if you know differently, don't tell me. I'd like to rest in what he said with the lymphocytes.

Anyway, anyone else experience all over body aches? How do you relax your muscles? I have noticed that I often DO tense my muscles.
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 202
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:12:17 PM »
If you have a smart phone or tablet, there are many relaxation exercises offered on the internet.....perhaps plug in some earphones and listen along in the morning before you get up and again prior to going to bed.  They help you become aware of your body and how tense you are and then aid in relaxing those muscles.  It's well worth a try!
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 09:56:46 PM »
Hi, well, I too suffer with tight sore back and neck muscles from anxious tension. A really good way to relax your muscles is a soak in a warm bath, or have you tried a heating pad?
Bookmark and Share

Online bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
Carrie: My whole body aches. I do love taking baths. So relaxing. Something that's plaguing me tonight is I've had a 99.2 fever all evening. DEFF not helping the lymphoma fear!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: