Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Burning sensation in throat  (Read 153 times)

Offline hypo5150

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Burning sensation in throat
« on: December 03, 2013, 01:22:30 PM »
I ate some chips last night and immediately they started causing me to have heartburn.  My chest and throat felt like they were on fire.  I drank water and took my antibiotic, doxycycline, because it was time to take it.  I didn't treat the heartburn.  I made the mistake of laying down after the heartburn started and taking the doxy. That was bad, so I propped up with pillows.  It finally went away after an hour or so. 

So, today I woke up and after a bit my throat felt like it was on fire again...like acid was eating it.  My chest hasn't really burned.  It is mainly my throat or esophagus because I can feel it in my neck. 

Long story short I am on here because my hypochondria went into overdrive with heart attack fears.  I am not sure if acid did burn my esophagus or it's something else.  Any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Burning sensation in throat
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 01:28:24 PM »
Sounds like acid reflux to me...especially since you were laying down.  No permanent damage, just some temporary discomfort.  I had something similar happen in what I now refer to as the "Korean Death Donut Incident" :  I was visiting my army hubby in South Korea and ate a vanilla glazed donut for breakfast...now I have eaten many vanilla donuts in my life, but this one was different.  For the next three days I had horrible heartburn and every time I burped it was a vurp (vomit-burp)and I tasted vomit tinged vanilla frosting; particularly gross when one has been eating kimchi!  You will be fine, just take some Tums and stick to a bland diet for the next few days.  Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: