Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: 21 weeks pregnant  (Read 131 times)

Offline ashleyspicer84

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
21 weeks pregnant
« on: December 03, 2013, 11:17:23 AM »
I am 21 weeks pregnant and for the last month i have felt weak with a rapid pulse. I can feel my pulse constantly in my chest and back. It is really freaking me out. Ive read that it was normal for your heart rate to increase during pregnancy but would it be racing constantly? right now it is 108 bpm. very worried. I dont feel dizzy just really weak. I had blood work done when i was about 14 weeks pregnant and everything came out okay. When i go to my ob appts my blood pressure is high but i chalk that up to my severe fear of having my blood pressure taken. I take my prenatal vitamins everyday. please offer any advice. thanks. :question:
Bookmark and Share
Grant me the strength to accept the things I can not change and the wisdom to know the difference...

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 202
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: 21 weeks pregnant
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 11:28:03 AM »
Hi Ashley,

It sure sounds to me like your anxiety may be up rather than anything wrong in your pregnancy.  Most people, if they concentrate hard on where they feel their pulse, they can feel it most anywhere.  Sounds like you are putting a lot of thought into feeling your pulse and it sounds like you are checking it too.  Rather than check your pulse, when you feel the urge to check it, take a short walk, do some cooking, take some photographs, anything other than taking your pulse.  Soon you'll take your pulse so much it will go up just because it knows you are going to take it.  If how you are currently feeing is especially bothersome to you, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to call and see if you can get in with your OB to discuss it with him.

Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy!!

Bookmark and Share